- Vizinex, Barcodes Inc. Deliver Specialized RFID Tag for DOT Bridge
Under pressure of a four-week deadline, the companies designed, manufactured and printed a label specialized for electric cable installed on a transit bridge, which could enable workers to locate, identify and service individual conduits.
- RFID Solution Tracks Goods in Stock
T-Systems and Valid have jointly developed a system to identify stored products and optimize distribution center operations.
- GSM Logistica Reduces Costs via RFID
Prior to the deployment, the company's processes relied on manual, error-prone, high-cost manual barcode operations.
- RFID Company's Acquisition Combines BLE With UHF for Assisted Living, Hospitals
Quake Global has purchased Skynet, a health-care technology company that provides Bluetooth Mesh systems, so that both active and passive location technologies can be combined to manage assets, patients and staff members for operational improvements.
- Zebra Study Reveals Executives' Priorities
According to the research, 89 percent of the companies polled are investing in labor and technology to expand their warehouse deployments by 2024.
- Air France Contract to Bring RFID to 40 Million Baggage Tags Annually
French tag company Paragon ID has developed its first RFID baggage label as part of a three-year contract with Air France, to enable automated baggage tracking at Charles de Gaulle Airport by 2020.
- Paper Mill Optimizes Manufacturing and Stock Control
By deploying an RFID system from iTag, a papermaking firm has reduced the need for manual operations and has sped up its processes.
- IoT Automates Rail Brake Testing for Logistics Firm
CFL Multimodal is piloting a 20-freight-car system that uses a mesh radio network system from Traxens to capture and transmit data about the functionality of car brakes, thereby preventing potential accidents and making testing more efficient for vehicles traveling across Europe or into China.
- RFID Tracks Bourbon As It Ages
Wild Turkey has employed a UHF RFID system to monitor the aging process of its liquor at three storage locations, while eliminating the time and potential errors related to manually counting its 650,000 barrels.
- RFID in Manufacturing: Virtual Event Presentations Now Available
Hear how manufacturing firms are using RFID to achieve business benefits.
- CoreRFID Helps CraneCare Lifting Services Speed Up Inspection Certification
The U.K. specialist lifting software company is helping the Irish lifting equipment inspection firm to reduce the amount of time it takes to issue critical certification from weeks down to a matter of minutes.
- HP Integrating RFID and Smart Packaging
At the Apas 2019 Congress event, HP's Kami Saidi spoke about the integration of smart packaging with radio frequency identification, as well as the benefits for buyers of the company's products.
- Auto Maker Speeds Processes via RFID
MSM Solutions' replenishment system is providing an automotive factory with UHF RFID-based data regarding the parts moving onto the assembly floor and empty racks returning from the floor, thereby ensuring the manufacturing system has just-in-time access to those parts.
- UHF Reading Drone Tracks Vehicles, Assets
FEIG Electronics has teamed up with Tiger Labs and Congruex to develop a drone that can capture passive UHF RFID tag reads from a height of 25 feet, then forward that data, along with GPS-based location information, via Wi-Fi, LoRa or Zigbee.
- Waste-Management System Cleans Up With UHF RFID
Compta is powering its Bee2Waste system with an RFID solution from TechSigno using Chainway RFID readers to capture data from hundreds of thousands of waste bins as they are commissioned, and each time they are emptied.