- NXP, Other Companies Preparing for Influx of RFID Baggage Technology Requests
The International Air Transport Association has recommended that all airline passenger bags be tagged with RFID by 2020; RFID companies expect the technology's resulting growth to reflect the retail industry's adoption.
- Skiers Gain Art-Decorated RFID for Lift Access at Granite Peak
The system, provided by SKIDATA, will allow season- and day-pass owners to access the resort and lifts hands-free using an RFID card, and to utilize the same pass—which features artwork from a different local artist each year—to collect loyalty points and engage with the resort later in the season.
- Final Round of Brazil-ID Program Prepares Country for the IoT
Several Internet of Things-based services may use the same infrastructure that currently serves merely to collect tolls.
- Registration Now Open for RFID Journal's 14th Annual European Event
RFID Journal LIVE! Europe, to be held on Nov. 7 in London (with a day of certification training on Nov. 6), will focus on the benefits of employing RFID to improve business operations across Europe.
- Congonhas Airport Modernizes Security and Operations
The facility is using RFID and RTLS technologies to control ramp access and improve asset and staff monitoring, at lower costs.
- Brazilian Sugar and Ethanol Company Uses RFID in Agribusiness
Technology developed by CPqD allows Usina São Martinho to reap the fruits of processes steeped in the Internet of Things.
- Q-Track Kit Provides RTLS Coverage at Low Cost
The company's new kit is aimed at companies for which traditional real-time location systems are too expensive or complex, and can be installed and commissioned by a user within a matter of hours.
- General Motors, Boeing to Keynote at RFID Journal LIVE! 2018
RFID Journal's 16th annual event, being held in Orlando on Apr. 10-12, will feature an impressive lineup of new case studies exploring how to use RFID to create business value.
- Tieto Corp. Beacon Solution Brings Intelligence to Offices
The system, provided by Quuppa, has helped the company to increase sales and productivity, understand how its workspace is being used and automatically enable the utilization of rooms.
- Smart Label Solutions, Brazil's Mozaiko Sign RFID Partnership
The two companies have forged a commercial alliance aimed at distributing the latter's RFID and IoT solutions in the United States.
- Zebra Survey Finds IoT Plans in the Works at Most Companies
Only 36 percent of respondents say they have a company-wide intelligent enterprise system, while 57 percent report having a vision in place for some level of Internet of Things expansion.
- Smart Cooler Helps Companies Sell More
Embraco has created an Internet of Things-based platform to help customers market more drinks and food at the point of sale.
- New Zealand Farm Cuts Water and Energy Consumption With IoT
WaterForce's SCADAfarm system, using Schneider Electric technology, allows cattle, sheep and vegetable producer BlackHills Farm to remotely monitor the watering level and conditions of crops, in order to provide the correct amount of water at every location at all times.
- Print and Document Integrity Solutions Company Brings Flexible RFID to Customers
Lake Image Systems' customers are using RFID technology, including Feig-based reader hardware, to build RFID solutions into direct-mail advertising, product packaging and high-volume label printing.
- Hospital to Track 12,000 Assets via Active RFID
Michigan Medicine has already tagged about half that many items, and is tracking them with a Stanley Healthcare MobileView Wi-Fi- and ultrasound-based system.