- Smart Label Solutions, Brazil's Mozaiko Sign RFID Partnership
The two companies have forged a commercial alliance aimed at distributing the latter's RFID and IoT solutions in the United States.
- Zebra Survey Finds IoT Plans in the Works at Most Companies
Only 36 percent of respondents say they have a company-wide intelligent enterprise system, while 57 percent report having a vision in place for some level of Internet of Things expansion.
- Smart Cooler Helps Companies Sell More
Embraco has created an Internet of Things-based platform to help customers market more drinks and food at the point of sale.
- New Zealand Farm Cuts Water and Energy Consumption With IoT
WaterForce's SCADAfarm system, using Schneider Electric technology, allows cattle, sheep and vegetable producer BlackHills Farm to remotely monitor the watering level and conditions of crops, in order to provide the correct amount of water at every location at all times.
- Print and Document Integrity Solutions Company Brings Flexible RFID to Customers
Lake Image Systems' customers are using RFID technology, including Feig-based reader hardware, to build RFID solutions into direct-mail advertising, product packaging and high-volume label printing.
- Hospital to Track 12,000 Assets via Active RFID
Michigan Medicine has already tagged about half that many items, and is tracking them with a Stanley Healthcare MobileView Wi-Fi- and ultrasound-based system.
- HID Global Offers BLE Solution for People-Locating
The system enables companies to better manage their workforce, contractors or visitors via a beacon receiver and a Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled ID badge, with a cloud-based server tracking the locations of individuals and providing alerts and analytics to company management.
- RFID Helps Measure Salting Needs for U.K. County Road
The Mayflower Smart Control system uses Libelium's ZigBee-based Waspmote sensors to capture weather-related data for road-management decisions in England's Hampshire County.
- NFC RFID Tracks Tram Ridership of Oregon University
Oregon Health & Science University is deploying NFC badge-reading kiosks at the two stations for its aerial trams, in order to understand ridership statistics in advance of a scheduled maintenance shut-down.
- RFID Automates Fracking Interventions for Weatherford
The oilfield services company is deploying LF RFID readers in its drill tools and tags that drop into oil wells, to trigger such actions as closing or opening valves to allow the flow of fluids.
- Factory Reduces Order-Fulfillment Time by 20 Percent
Leal, which produces and markets personal protective equipment, has adopted an RFID solution from PC Sistemas, along with Totvs' enterprise resource planning system.
- New Study Examines Mass Adoption of IoT Technology
The report, based on interviews with 3,100 IT and business decision makers, explores the reasons why (and, in some cases, why not) the Internet of Things is being adopted by a range of businesses and organizations.
- Brazilians Bet on IoT at Work
In five years, 81 percent of the nation's professionals believe they will be using technologies related to the Internet of Things, while 47 percent say their work environments are not yet smart enough.
- RFID Saves Man-Hours, Boosts Safety at Middle East Construction Project
Consolidated Contracting Co. has managed the flow of workers onto and off its Oman and UAE sites for safety and efficiency purposes, using Identec Solutions' active UHF RFID badges, UHF readers at gates and LF exciters installed under speed bumps.
- International LAX Terminal Sees 50 Percent Efficiency Gain for Wheelchair Responses With BLE
Aero Port Services is deploying its beacon-based solution at the Tom Bradley International Terminal, following testing that found average responses to wheelchair requests dropped from 15 to 20 minutes to only seven minutes.