- Ann Arbor VA Hospital Tracks Lab Supplies Via RFID
WaveMark's smart cabinets and read stations enable the Michigan medical center to monitor where its lab products are located, when they are used on a patient and when they may be due to expire.
- Parma's RFID Lab Extends Logistics Pilot to the Manufacturer
For its third logistics pilot, the University of Parma laboratory is tracking perishable food from the manufacturer's warehouse to the retailer's point of sale.
- Robotic RFID Reader Automates Inventory Tracking
Hanmi's PRISMA system features a motorized EPC UHF interrogator that travels along a rail to automatically locate and count products within a warehouse, DC or retail store.
- Bahrain's King Hamad University Hospital Adopts Comprehensive RFID and RTLS Solution
The system combines Wi-Fi RTLS with UHF and HF passive RFID technologies and wireless sensors on a single platform, to track patients, staff members, equipment, medications and temperatures within the new state-of-the-art facility.
- Palex Medical Launches RFID System for Tracking Surgical Supplies
The solution includes an RFID-enabled locking cabinet and a Kanban supply-management system, the latter of which is being used by Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Reus.
- Consortium Pilot Finds RFID Improves Efficiency of Blood Supply Chain
The Transfusion Medicine RFID Consortium is seeking 510(k) clearance from the FDA for the blood-tracking solutions it developed, which technology provider S3Edge intends to market to blood banks, clinics and hospitals.
- Promedon Boosts Efficiency and Accuracy of Surgical Supply Shipments
The maker of surgical implants and prostheses is employing EPC passive UHF RFID tags and readers to streamline the tracking of outgoing and incoming orders for hospitals.
- RFID Helps Stowers Institute Researchers Shop for Supplies
Terso Solutions' Smart Stockroom enables scientists to purchase tools and chemicals kept within a storage room, and to automatically bill the goods to a specific grant.
- Motorola Updates Its 9000 Series Handheld Reader
Compared with its predecessor, the new MC9190-Z industrial handheld features a faster processor and more memory, as well as a larger screen and additional keyboard options.
- Canadian Leather Retailer Pilots RFID for Replenishment Visibility
Danier Leather is testing a Truecount UHF Gen 2 system at three of its stores to track when goods are received on the sales floor, as well as when they are sold, and to automatically alert employees when an item needs to be replenished.
- Burlington Medical Supplies Adds RFID Tags to Its X-ray Aprons
Passive EPC UHF tags allow users to track the locations and inspection histories of the protective garments used by hospital staff.
- RTLS to Aid Geisinger's Hospitals in Tracking Assets
The Pennsylvania organization's two largest facilities are installing TeleTracking Technologies software and CenTrak hardware to help staff more easily locate equipment, as well as reduce logistics and inventory costs.
- Shands Cuts Equipment Search Time by 98 Percent
The University of Florida hospital is now testing a temperature-tracking solution after installing AeroScout technology to track equipment at three facilities.
- Supervalu Manages Trailer Yard Via RFID
PINC Solutions' Yard Hound system enables the company to view its trailers' locations throughout the yard, based on location data captured by truck-mounted readers.
- Large Spanish Hospital Adopts RFID to Manage Patients, Assets
University Hospital of Valencia (La Fe) is using ZigBee-based RFID tags and readers to help improve the efficiency and quality of patient care, as well as reduce the risk of errors.