- IoT Platform Creates Single Interface for South African Meat Company
The Cavalier Group contracted a Pretoria-based startup to integrate alarm and access-control systems to make it easier for staff to respond to alerts and keep the facility running optimally.
- NSA Offers Block Ciphers to Help Secure RFID Transmissions
The SIMON and SPECK block cipher families are free to use and enable the encryption of transmitted RFID data in any frequency.
- NXP Releases IC for Secure Encrypted UHF Reads
The company's Ucode DNA chip, which can be read via most standard UHF readers, transmits a dynamic, encrypted password that prevents a tag from being read without authorization, as well as precludes it from being cloned.
- Intel Processor Comes With NXP NFC Reader for Tap-and-Go Online Payment
Computers and tablets containing the processor can read the tags in NFC-enabled credit cards registered with MasterCard's MasterPass e-wallet service, enabling secure, convenient Internet transactions.
- GS1 Ratifies EPC Gen2v2, Adds Security Features, More Memory
The new version of the EPC Gen 2 UHF RFID standard provides such features as security, anti-counterfeiting cryptography, EAS functionality and privacy settings for consumers.
- RFID Journal Announces RFID in High Tech 2013
The company's second event focused on the technology sector will educate attendees on how RFID technologies are being used in the high-tech value chain.
- Idaho School Installs RTLS to Make Students Safer
Employees at Skyview High School wear Ekahau Wi-Fi badges that can be used to call for help in the event of a security threat or medical emergency, and also trigger a lockdown.
- Rug Company Tracks Its Wares Via New UHF Seal
A U.S. importer of fine rugs is using Cybra's new Lock & EnCode passive UHF RFID seal to identify, authenticate and locate its high-value merchandise.