- Intel Processor Comes With NXP NFC Reader for Tap-and-Go Online Payment
Computers and tablets containing the processor can read the tags in NFC-enabled credit cards registered with MasterCard's MasterPass e-wallet service, enabling secure, convenient Internet transactions.
- GS1 Ratifies EPC Gen2v2, Adds Security Features, More Memory
The new version of the EPC Gen 2 UHF RFID standard provides such features as security, anti-counterfeiting cryptography, EAS functionality and privacy settings for consumers.
- RFID Journal Announces RFID in High Tech 2013
The company's second event focused on the technology sector will educate attendees on how RFID technologies are being used in the high-tech value chain.
- Idaho School Installs RTLS to Make Students Safer
Employees at Skyview High School wear Ekahau Wi-Fi badges that can be used to call for help in the event of a security threat or medical emergency, and also trigger a lockdown.
- Rug Company Tracks Its Wares Via New UHF Seal
A U.S. importer of fine rugs is using Cybra's new Lock & EnCode passive UHF RFID seal to identify, authenticate and locate its high-value merchandise.