- Brazilians Bet on IoT at Work
In five years, 81 percent of the nation's professionals believe they will be using technologies related to the Internet of Things, while 47 percent say their work environments are not yet smart enough.
- RFID Saves Man-Hours, Boosts Safety at Middle East Construction Project
Consolidated Contracting Co. has managed the flow of workers onto and off its Oman and UAE sites for safety and efficiency purposes, using Identec Solutions' active UHF RFID badges, UHF readers at gates and LF exciters installed under speed bumps.
- International LAX Terminal Sees 50 Percent Efficiency Gain for Wheelchair Responses With BLE
Aero Port Services is deploying its beacon-based solution at the Tom Bradley International Terminal, following testing that found average responses to wheelchair requests dropped from 15 to 20 minutes to only seven minutes.
- SBB Cargo Provides Automated Alerts of Freight Car Movements Via RFID
The Swiss rail company is deploying a passive UHF system from Vilant to track the movements of thousands of freight cars as they arrive at and leave rail stations and shunting yards.
- RIOgaleão Airport Adopts 3,000 BLE Beacons
Internet of Things technology is helping passengers at the main airport in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, find services via their smartphones.
- Oxford Reaches RFID ROI Within 12 Months
The largest ceramic and porcelain maker in the Americas reports that it has achieved a return on its first investment in the technology, eliminating errors in its product-delivery process.
- Tire Industry Works Toward Global RFID-Tagging Standards
Mesnac, Michelin and other tire companies are seeking ISO ratification of four standards that specify how RFID tags are applied to tires, and how they are encoded and tested.
- Delta Air Lines, U.S. Air Force, Northrop Grumman and Others to Share Best Practices for Using RFID Technologies
RFID in Aerospace and Defense will help attendees determine how to deploy RFID in their operations.
- Meggitt Polymers & Composites Uses RFID to Track Aircraft Components, Materials
The company's San Diego plant is employing a GlobeRanger RFID- and sensor-based solution to track the work-in-progress of engine components, and plans to use the system to automate mold press settings.
- Utility Maintenance Workers Gain Efficiency With RFID
Hofor has already tagged 10,000 of its underground utility valve caps for an RFID system from Veriloc, which allows workers to read historical data regarding each valve before beginning maintenance tasks.
- IoT Platform Creates Single Interface for South African Meat Company
The Cavalier Group contracted a Pretoria-based startup to integrate alarm and access-control systems to make it easier for staff to respond to alerts and keep the facility running optimally.
- RFID News Roundup
Vizinex RFID releases Sentry UltraSlim 270 RFID tag ••• Global Tag intros Metally and Fibery RFID tags ••• Champion Healthcare Technologies, VueMed partner on medical device tracking ••• New version of RFID for the Supply Chain and Operations Professional available ••• New York & Company stores to use Shopkick app, beacons.
- Toter Dumps Wasted Time With RFID-Tagged Bins
The company's RFID-based ToterTrax system, which can automatically record when and where its workers deliver each waste bin, opens up a range of other possible uses.
- RTLS Lifts Patient Satisfaction and Efficiency at Stanford Children's Health
The clinic is using a real-time location system to identify the locations of patients, personnel and assets, to ensure that patients are treated quickly and staff members can find the items they seek, as well as their colleagues.
- Street Cuts Get Intelligent
Several dozen municipalities are adopting CDO Technologies' RoadTag solution to identify who performed road restoration work so that any follow-up repairs or maintenance can be dispatched quickly.