- Hospital to Track 12,000 Assets via Active RFID
Michigan Medicine has already tagged about half that many items, and is tracking them with a Stanley Healthcare MobileView Wi-Fi- and ultrasound-based system.
- HID Global Offers BLE Solution for People-Locating
The system enables companies to better manage their workforce, contractors or visitors via a beacon receiver and a Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled ID badge, with a cloud-based server tracking the locations of individuals and providing alerts and analytics to company management.
- RFID Helps Measure Salting Needs for U.K. County Road
The Mayflower Smart Control system uses Libelium's ZigBee-based Waspmote sensors to capture weather-related data for road-management decisions in England's Hampshire County.
- NFC RFID Tracks Tram Ridership of Oregon University
Oregon Health & Science University is deploying NFC badge-reading kiosks at the two stations for its aerial trams, in order to understand ridership statistics in advance of a scheduled maintenance shut-down.
- RFID Automates Fracking Interventions for Weatherford
The oilfield services company is deploying LF RFID readers in its drill tools and tags that drop into oil wells, to trigger such actions as closing or opening valves to allow the flow of fluids.
- Factory Reduces Order-Fulfillment Time by 20 Percent
Leal, which produces and markets personal protective equipment, has adopted an RFID solution from PC Sistemas, along with Totvs' enterprise resource planning system.
- New Study Examines Mass Adoption of IoT Technology
The report, based on interviews with 3,100 IT and business decision makers, explores the reasons why (and, in some cases, why not) the Internet of Things is being adopted by a range of businesses and organizations.
- Brazilians Bet on IoT at Work
In five years, 81 percent of the nation's professionals believe they will be using technologies related to the Internet of Things, while 47 percent say their work environments are not yet smart enough.
- RFID Saves Man-Hours, Boosts Safety at Middle East Construction Project
Consolidated Contracting Co. has managed the flow of workers onto and off its Oman and UAE sites for safety and efficiency purposes, using Identec Solutions' active UHF RFID badges, UHF readers at gates and LF exciters installed under speed bumps.
- International LAX Terminal Sees 50 Percent Efficiency Gain for Wheelchair Responses With BLE
Aero Port Services is deploying its beacon-based solution at the Tom Bradley International Terminal, following testing that found average responses to wheelchair requests dropped from 15 to 20 minutes to only seven minutes.
- SBB Cargo Provides Automated Alerts of Freight Car Movements Via RFID
The Swiss rail company is deploying a passive UHF system from Vilant to track the movements of thousands of freight cars as they arrive at and leave rail stations and shunting yards.
- RIOgaleão Airport Adopts 3,000 BLE Beacons
Internet of Things technology is helping passengers at the main airport in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, find services via their smartphones.
- Oxford Reaches RFID ROI Within 12 Months
The largest ceramic and porcelain maker in the Americas reports that it has achieved a return on its first investment in the technology, eliminating errors in its product-delivery process.
- Tire Industry Works Toward Global RFID-Tagging Standards
Mesnac, Michelin and other tire companies are seeking ISO ratification of four standards that specify how RFID tags are applied to tires, and how they are encoded and tested.
- Delta Air Lines, U.S. Air Force, Northrop Grumman and Others to Share Best Practices for Using RFID Technologies
RFID in Aerospace and Defense will help attendees determine how to deploy RFID in their operations.