- Companies Test T-Systems' IoT Technology in Brazil
With the Roambee device, the Internet of Things platform collects data such as location, shock, humidity, temperature, movement, air gases and other environmental variations.
- Zebra Survey Finds IoT Plans in the Works at Most Companies
Only 36 percent of respondents say they have a company-wide intelligent enterprise system, while 57 percent report having a vision in place for some level of Internet of Things expansion.
- BNDES Allots Large Investment to Internet of Things Projects in Brazil
Through funds for innovation, the bank intends to finance projects in areas defined by the country's IoT Action Plan in the next three years.
- Bracelet Works Like a Credit Card in Brazil
Through a partnership with Visa, a new device from Trigg can be used on Cielo-, Getnet- and Rede-enabled machines, via a mobile app.
- CPqD to Integrate Dojot Platform into Brazil's Public Network
An agreement with WND, involving connectivity with Sigfox technology, aims to accelerate the development of Internet of Things solutions in that country.
- Smart Cooler Helps Companies Sell More
Embraco has created an Internet of Things-based platform to help customers market more drinks and food at the point of sale.
- RFID News Roundup
Impinj enhances RFID distributed operating system ••• Identiv, NXP Semiconductors partner on NFC tag starter kit ••• STMicroelectronics NFC tags to be certified by NFC Forum ••• Ocean Tomo offers patent lot on sensor and RFID technologies ••• Malaysian highway to use RFID tags for toll payments ••• GS1 US accepting proposals for Connect 2018 event ••• Industrial Internet Consortium, EdgeX Foundry announce liaison.
- Brazilian Government Announces Internet of Things Study
Federal authorities presented a report on the country's IoT Action Plan during a telecommunications event in São Paulo.
- New Chip Features Privacy Function for European Retailers
Impinj's latest chip, the Monza R6-A, offers privacy controls and sustainability features.
- Alliance Rubber Stretches Limit of RFID and NFC Applications
The rubber band company is working with the University of Sussex to develop elastic material that could not only be stronger than standard rubber, but also transmit data via RF, accommodate RFID or NFC chips, and store sensor data.
- RFID News Roundup
Turck reveals new CODESYS-programmable RFID interface module ••• Smartrac to showcase temperature sensor portfolio ••• MSM Solutions launches RFID and bar-code website ••• AIM, AIM North America invite 2018 awards nominations ••• Computype invests new resources to develop RFID technology.
- CPqD Creates Open-Source IoT Platform
Thanks to an investment from FUNTTEL, the dojot platform was created with the goal of generating solutions for smart cities in Brazil.
- Registration Now Open for RFID in Aerospace and Defense
The one-day conference, to be held on Dec. 13, 2017, will feature fast-track RFID training on Dec. 12, prior to the event's opening.
- NFC Forum Incorporates Tags into Its Certification Program
The release of Apple's NFC-enabled iOS 11 platform is helping to drive the growth of NFC deployments that are making an NFC tag certification program important, the association says.
- RFID Weaves a Tale With New Loom Technology
Loominary, designed by researchers at American University and the University of Central Florida, allows game players to control a story's plot and action using an RFID-enabled loom.