- Marc O'Polo Discovers RFID's Benefits
Having deployed an EPC UHF system at its 86 European stores, the apparel company says it expects an increase in revenue, thanks to the higher availability of goods on the sales floor.
- GS1 Expects Tagged-Item Performance Protocol Guideline to Boost RFID Adoption
The new guideline assigns grades to EPC UHF RFID tag specifications so that a supplier can tag its products with an RFID label that meets all the needs of retailers selling those products in their stores.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2015 to Feature Eight Preconference Seminars
New topics in this year's program include RFID-enabled smart products and experiential marketing with RFID.
- Chinese Opera Gives RFID Its Props
Taiwan's GuoGuang Opera Co. has deployed an RFID system from EPC Solutions Taiwan to help track the locations and distribution of thousands of costumes and accessories stored within its warehouse.
- Decker's New UGG Australia Store Uses RFID to Promote Products, Engage Shoppers
The retailer installed four huge RFID-enabled touchscreens to allow customers to automatically view data about the shoes or boots they try on, by simply standing on a floor mat.
- Rebecca Minkoff Store Uses RFID to Provide an Immersive Experience
The fashion apparel company's new store features RFID-enabled touchscreen mirrors in dressing rooms to identify which items a shopper has, as well as provide the option of requesting additional garments, accessories or different sizes, which the sales staff can then deliver to that fitting room.
- RFID News Roundup
Ecom instruments intros UHF reader for intrinsically safe iroc-Ci70 handheld computer ••• FineLine's SolidTag service offers fashion RFID hangtags, labels in low volumes ••• Proventix RFID data helps researchers discover hand-washing compliance patterns ••• Protavic Releases RFID-GO, a matched system of adhesives and inks for tag manufacturers ••• TI RFID readers on rovers prove to be less stressful to penguins ••• LogiTag releases mobile app for hospital inventory management, charge capture.
- Chico's Finds RFID a Good Fit at 13 of Its Soma Intimates Stores
The technology enables the stores to track merchandise as it arrives and leaves, providing visibility into inventory levels and ensuring that customers can always find the sizes and styles they need.
- Norwegian Apparel Company in Good Mood Over RFID
Moods of Norway boosted sales of men's shirts and suits by double digits during a six-month pilot at two stores using an RFID solution from Nedap, by ensuring inventory is accurate; the company has now rolled out the technology at 13 of its locations.
- Aerospace Manufacturer Reduces Waste via RFID-based Material Asset Tracker
Plataine says its solution can optimize production in a variety of industries, including furniture and apparel.
- Macy's Expands RFID and Beacon Deployments
The retailer has begun tagging fashion garments at its Macy's and Bloomingdale's stores, to help make sure the merchandise is on the sales floor and to reduce the need for markdowns.
- Sandro Ferrone to Expand RFID Deployment
Already using Tageos passive UHF RFID tags to track its merchandise at its factory and primary distribution center, the Italian clothing company is preparing to deploy the technology at a second DC and its stores.
- British Clothing Retailer Sees RFID as 'Enriching Experience'
Giulio is using privacy-protecting RFID technology from Friendly Technologies to determine which garments shoppers are interested in, and to prompt a touchscreen to display information about those products.
- Brazilian Clothing Wholesaler Invests in RFID
One of the country’s largest distributors of baby and children’s apparel, Brascol has cut the average time it takes its customers to check out their purchases by 65 percent.
- Marks & Spencer, Wilko and Other Retailers to Present Case Studies at RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2014
The event, to be held on Oct. 23, in London, England, will feature a Retail Track highlighting successful RFID deployments in this sector.