- Florida Fire and Rescue Supplier Extends Visibility via RFID
The Bonita Springs Fire Control and Rescue District, using RFID tagging services from supplier QuadMed and a solution from Silent Partner Technologies, has reduced its inventory spending by 30 percent, while the Broward County Sheriff's Fire and Rescue Office plans to track the goods it uses and sells for emergency services.
- Rebecca Minkoff Extends Its RFID System Beyond the Store
By adding a QR code to each of its luxury bags, the New York fashion retailer is enabling shoppers to access content after they make a purchase, as part of the Digital Emotional Intelligence offering from Avery Dennison RBIS and EVRYTHNG.
- Magnolia Volunteer Fire Department Boosts Efficiency With Active, Passive RFID
The Texas firefighters have adopted a hybrid active and passive RFID system from Silent Partner Technology, and are 3D-printing the tag holders to affix them securely to equipment with its own Gigabot printer.
- RFID Provides Tissue-Tracking Gains for Hospitals
St. Dominic's, in Jackson, Miss., and North Kansas City Hospital are both using an RFID-enabled tissue- and implant-tracking system that includes TrackCore software to manage each item's location and status, as well as Terso RFID-enabled cabinets and coolers.
- RFID Solution Cuts Scrubs Costs for Virginia Hospital
LewisGale Medical Center has saved approximately $40,000 in scrub inventory expenses by managing the use of the medical-procedure uniforms with Autovalet Systems' CabiNet RFID Scrub Dispensers and DressCode software.
- Tigrara, Elza Romero Stores Inventory 4,000 Items Within Two Hours
The two companies have adopted an RFID solution to gain visibility into the circulation of their products from factories to the point of sale to consumers.
- Nebraska Hospital Boosts Efficiency, Patient Care With RFID
Cardinal Health's Inventory Management Solutions, installed at Nebraska Medicine, track the storage and use of high-value supplies for surgical procedures, thereby reducing out-of-stocks and expirations, while also automating patient billing.
- Forensics Lab Piloting RFID System for Automated Supply Tracking
During the coming months, the Houston Forensic Science Center will expand the pilot to begin tracking firearms and biological evidence, as well as evidence regarding crime scenes, to reduce manual inventory labor and the risk of loss.
- Speedy Services Manages Vibration, Conference Attendance, Equipment Rental via RFID
The company has spent more than a decade building RFID solutions that enable automatic onsite equipment rental for customers, as well as tracking the amount of hand vibration to which construction workers are exposed and providing personalized information to delegates at its annual exposition.
- RFID Brings Identification to LCD Manufacturer's Automated Storage and Retrieval
With a UHF RFID system from EPC Solutions Taiwan, Innolux is tracking which loaded pallets are received and stored, and are then retrieved from storage for shipping or further assembly.
- RFID Furthers Operational Efficiency for New York Hospital
Northern Westchester Hospital is using a passive UHF RFID solution from Quake Global to identify the specific pod in which equipment is located.
- Buying Shoes in 20 Seconds
A Brazilian company has developed a solution to simplify the checkout process for retail footwear, and has tested customers' experience with RFID technology at a laboratory store.
- Belgian Company Gets an ROI from Its Warehouse-Management Solution
ENGIE Fabricom RFID-tracks nearly 90,000 assets at eight locations within the country.
- Decathlon Scores a Big Win With RFID
The French sporting goods retailer is tracking most of its products from factories to more than 1,000 stores in 25 countries.
- SupplySentry Keeps a Lookout on Inventory for Package Printers
All Printing Resources developed an RFID solution to manage supplies at customer sites, which delivers benefits to clients as well as its own business.