- Technology Is the Key to Retail's Future
RFID and other technologies will determine who will dominate as the online and brick-and-mortar worlds merge.
- Apple Embraces NFC (Finally)
At its recent developer's conference, the iPhone maker announced that the Near Field Communication reader in its handsets will be open to apps other than Apply Pay, which should give a big boost to the technology.
- RFID Starts to Go Mainstream
Fueled by success stories that are beginning to reach the general business media, the technology is now viewed as an accepted tool for companies seeking to track assets.
- What You Don't Know About RFID
There are many solutions and applications that companies often don't realize they are missing.
- Observations from NRF's Big Show, Part 2
RFID is gaining mindshare among retail technology providers, as well as more end users.
- Observations from NRF's Big Show, Part 1
The event showed how RFID technology providers are moving toward building more complete solutions.
- What Would Make RFID Adoption Explode?
Making systems simpler, easier to deploy and less expensive would propel adoption.
- Is This the Year RFID Takes Off?
Adoption in retail is moving inexorably toward the tipping point.
- Amazon Aims to Revolutionize Brick-and-Mortar Shopping
The newly introduced Amazon Go concept store appears to use RFID, video, Bluetooth and artificial intelligence to enable shoppers to simply walk into a store, pick up items and walk back out again.
- New RFID Journal Awards
We have revised the categories to better reflect the current trends in RFID deployments.
- The Network Effect
Companies that have adopted radio frequency identification want to get everyone—including their competitors—on board.
- Navigating a Critical Road in the Dark
Many companies are deploying radio frequency identification systems without doing their homework and without good guidance.
- A Conversation With Macy's Bill Connell
The company's senior VP of logistics and operations shared insights into RFID's value for replenishment, omnichannel fulfillment and other retail applications.
- Warning to Retailers: Ignore RFID at Your Peril
When the technology reaches a tipping point, those who haven't done their homework will struggle.
- Identifying RFID Project Leaders
Advocates for the technology come from many different areas within a company and hold a wide variety of titles.