- RFID Journal's Fall Events Lineup
We'll be hosting conferences for retailers and brand owners in September, for businesses in Europe in November, and for those in the aerospace and defense sectors in December.
- What Is the Future of Retail?
Retailers will soon move to a model by which they sell to customers whenever, wherever and however they want to buy.
- A Cautionary Tale for Conventional Retailers
The print publishing industry was slow to adapt to the changes the Internet brought. As a result, many publications did not survive.
- Technology Is the Key to Retail's Future
RFID and other technologies will determine who will dominate as the online and brick-and-mortar worlds merge.
- Apple Embraces NFC (Finally)
At its recent developer's conference, the iPhone maker announced that the Near Field Communication reader in its handsets will be open to apps other than Apply Pay, which should give a big boost to the technology.
- RFID Starts to Go Mainstream
Fueled by success stories that are beginning to reach the general business media, the technology is now viewed as an accepted tool for companies seeking to track assets.
- What You Don't Know About RFID
There are many solutions and applications that companies often don't realize they are missing.
- Observations from NRF's Big Show, Part 2
RFID is gaining mindshare among retail technology providers, as well as more end users.
- Observations from NRF's Big Show, Part 1
The event showed how RFID technology providers are moving toward building more complete solutions.
- What Would Make RFID Adoption Explode?
Making systems simpler, easier to deploy and less expensive would propel adoption.
- Is This the Year RFID Takes Off?
Adoption in retail is moving inexorably toward the tipping point.
- Amazon Aims to Revolutionize Brick-and-Mortar Shopping
The newly introduced Amazon Go concept store appears to use RFID, video, Bluetooth and artificial intelligence to enable shoppers to simply walk into a store, pick up items and walk back out again.
- New RFID Journal Awards
We have revised the categories to better reflect the current trends in RFID deployments.
- The Network Effect
Companies that have adopted radio frequency identification want to get everyone—including their competitors—on board.
- Navigating a Critical Road in the Dark
Many companies are deploying radio frequency identification systems without doing their homework and without good guidance.