- The Ongoing War Against Inefficiencies
The U.S. Department of Defense is refining its RFID strategy to optimize the world's most complex supply chain.
- RFID Is On the Money
British TV game show The Million Pound Drop tracks bundles of cash to create a more exciting experience for contestants and home viewers.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Is "RFID-Ready"
When the renowned cancer center deployed an asset-tracking system, it took an enterprise approach, paving the way for other applications.
- Alliance One Turns Over a New Leaf in Tobacco Handling
In Brazil, RFID brings new efficiencies to product sorting and storage.
- Brazilian Manufacturer Boosts Productivity
Technicolor Brazil Media and Entertainment deployed an RFID system to track key raw materials, providing visibility into their movements throughout its facilities, while also improving inventory-management processes.
- Soft-Drink Manufacturer Finds Myriad Benefits From RFID Solution
Swire Coca-Cola HK employs the technology to track cylinders and tanks within its facilities and at customer sites.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: RFID Green Award—The Greening of Mission Foods
RFID made it economically feasible for the tortilla manufacturer to switch from disposable corrugated boxes to reusable plastic containers.
- RFID Automates Payroll Process
LSI Mortgage Plus, a national mortgage banker/broker, deployed an RFID system to track employee work hours, reducing overtime pay and achieving an ROI within months.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: Best Use of RFID to Enhance a Product or Service—RFID Delivers a Royal Payback
Royal Caribbean is installing self-service soft drink machines on its entire fleet of 22 cruise ships, keeping guests happy and generating explosive profits.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: Most Innovative Use of RFID—Tracking and Monitoring the Deadliest Cache
Argonne National Laboratory has developed a strategy that uses RFID to safeguard nuclear materials.
- RFID Makes Radiation Therapy Safer
Commonwealth Newburyport Cancer Center is tracking patients and their charts, to ensure they receive the proper treatment.
- Hotel Employs RFID to Woo Guests
Starwood Hotels and Resorts offers an automatic check-in program, designed to appeal to tech-savvy travelers.
- Watchmaker Tracks Assets in Real Time
Titan Industries Ltd., India's largest watch manufacturer, has deployed an RFID system to enhance security and increase productivity within its research and development department.
- RFID Goes to Medical School
The Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, in Texas, is saving time and money by tracking state-of-the-art equipment used to enhance learning.
- Mining New Value From RFID
Mining companies worldwide have been using RFID to track assets, vehicles and workers above and below ground. Now industry pioneers are adopting new applications to further streamline production and reduce costs, as well as improve safety.