- Alien Gears Up For Production
The startup has brought Stav Prodromou, former CEO of Peregrine Semiconductor, to be CEO and launched the manufacturing effort.
- Intermec Unveils New Fixed Reader
New Intellitag fixed reader is available in both the 915 MHz and 2.45 GHz frequency bands, with four antenna ports.
- Sony, Philips Creating RFID Link
Consumer electronics giants are jointly developing a new RFID standard for payments and for communication between devices.
- HID, IR Offer Biometric Smart Card
New smart card will store the shape of a person's hand so they can be positively identified.
- New RFID Platform For Automakers
Athena Integration has introduced a software suite that uses data from RFID tags to transform manufacturing operations.
- Startup Gears Up Marketing Effort
Matrics has introduced a line of RFID tags, readers and software and launched a program to line up system integrators.
- Accenture Demos RFID Tools
Accenture recently showed off a prototype system for tracking unique items in a retail environment.
- New Magnetic Tag for Drugs
Flying Null has unveiled a new magnetic tag that could help reduce counterfeiting of pharmaceutical products.
- Auto-ID Center Makes Its Case
White Papers say a retailer with 800 stores could save $150 million per year from tracking individual items.
- RFID Offers Benefits Today
A new report from Forrester, a technology research firm, says RFID already offers significant supply chain savings.
- E-Seals Smooth Border Crossings
A U.S. Department of Transportation program shows that electronic seals could help secure containers and reduce border congestion.
- SAMSys Looks To Standards, VARs
The Toronto reader maker is betting that its move toward open standards and partnerships with value-added resellers will pay off.
- Japan's NTT Joins Auto-ID Center
The Auto-ID Center has signed Nippon Telegraph and Telephone, the world's largest teleco, as a new technology sponsor.
- Can RFID Save the Planet?
A new World Wildlife Fund report suggests that RFID and microsensors could help reduce waste and improve recycling.
- Japan Gets Digital Ticket System
A national ticket seller and phone company are teaming up to create an electronic-ticket network.