- RFID Journal LIVE! 2019 Report, Part 2
RFID Journal recently held its 17th annual conference and exhibition. View the presentations from the event's main conference sessions and the RFID Journal Awards.
- Door Factory Gains Logistical Efficiency
A company in Santa Catarina has halved its container-loading times, while efficiently controlling its inventory of more than 600,000 units.
- Lockheed Solution Tracks Fighter Jet Parts Around the World
The RFID-, GPS-, cellular- and satellite-based system allows the aerospace company to track the components of multiple aircraft lines from when the parts are packed in containers until they reach their destination.
- Drug Company Automates RFID Tagging of Compounded Products
Nephron Pharmaceuticals is making its own RFID-enabled labels to attach to each compounded syringe products it sells to hospitals and health-care providers, so that they can be tracked from the point of shipment to patient bedsides.
- Auto Parts Company Sees Productivity Gain With RFID
TPV Group tracks the movements of components through finishing processes and shipping, using an RFID solution from LEOSS that brings visibility to each carrier of parts and tracks its location at the facility, thereby automating processes and preventing errors.
- RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2018 Report
View the presentations from RFID Journal's 14th annual conference and exhibition for the European market, held this month in London.
- VW Slovakia Optimizes Factory Vehicle Movement With RTLS
The solution, provided by Sewio, employs CEIT software and Decawave's RTLS tags and receivers to track the movement of each production vehicle, in order to manage how traffic flows in a complex and fluid assembly process.
- Anheuser-Busch Brews Up RFID Keg-Tracking Pilot
A UHF RFID system from Velociti, utilizing technology from TrackX Holdings, will track 5,000 beer kegs at the company's Huston plant as they are tested, filled, shipped and received back from customers.
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. Achieves 10 Percent Sales Boost With IoT-Based Coolers
The beverage company is deploying BLE, cellular and camera-based Internet of Things technologies from Atos to detect temperatures within 300,000 coolers, as well as track stock levels and how often consumers open cooler doors, and provide location-based data to app-using shoppers.
- Patti Engineering Solves RFID Challenges at Manufacturing and Distribution Site
During an RFID Journal webinar, the company described the deployment of its Siemens RFID system at a Fortune 500 company, and how it overcame challenges of water and metal presence, stray reads and the need for 100 percent read coverage.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2018 Report, Part 2
RFID Journal's 16th annual conference and exhibition was held last month. View the presentations from the event's main-conference sessions and the RFID Journal Awards.
- RFID Cuts Queue Waits, Boosts Truck Turnaround Times at Indian Plants
Ashok Leyland has deployed a UHF system from Vicinity RFID to automate the arrivals and departures of trucks delivering and picking up materials at three plants, and has thereby cut average turnaround times by more than two hours.
- RFID System Automates Tool Management for Hong Kong Aeronautics Company
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. has deployed a Xerafy system leveraging handheld RFID readers, tags on tools, and an app on workers' phones to ensure that no tool is ever left insude an aircraft, and to help employees find a missing tool if a mistake is detected.
- RFID Brings Identification to LCD Manufacturer's Automated Storage and Retrieval
With a UHF RFID system from EPC Solutions Taiwan, Innolux is tracking which loaded pallets are received and stored, and are then retrieved from storage for shipping or further assembly.
- Canadian Uniform Company Tracks Products With RFID
The system that Logistik Unicorp built in-house enables it to link raw materials with finished products, and to track those goods as they are received from a manufacturer, stored in its warehouse and then shipped to individual customers.