- Sporting Goods Retailer Boosts E-Commerce Efficiency
An RFID solution from Lyngsoe Systems and Consignor enables XXL to automatically detect if an e-commerce "pick up at store" order parcel is being shipped to the wrong location, thereby preventing errors before they can happen; the system can identify when goods reach a store, then send a text message or email to the consumer.
- Hellenic Army Finds Reduction in Time and Cost With RFID in Supply Chain
The Greek military has been testing the technology for the past year across four ports, with active RFID tags on containers, pallets, boxes and some equipment, in order to gain better visibility into the shipping process.
- Patti Engineering Solves RFID Challenges at Manufacturing and Distribution Site
During an RFID Journal webinar, the company described the deployment of its Siemens RFID system at a Fortune 500 company, and how it overcame challenges of water and metal presence, stray reads and the need for 100 percent read coverage.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2018 Report, Part 2
RFID Journal's 16th annual conference and exhibition was held last month. View the presentations from the event's main-conference sessions and the RFID Journal Awards.
- RFID Cuts Queue Waits, Boosts Truck Turnaround Times at Indian Plants
Ashok Leyland has deployed a UHF system from Vicinity RFID to automate the arrivals and departures of trucks delivering and picking up materials at three plants, and has thereby cut average turnaround times by more than two hours.
- Florida Fire and Rescue Supplier Extends Visibility via RFID
The Bonita Springs Fire Control and Rescue District, using RFID tagging services from supplier QuadMed and a solution from Silent Partner Technologies, has reduced its inventory spending by 30 percent, while the Broward County Sheriff's Fire and Rescue Office plans to track the goods it uses and sells for emergency services.
- Cashew Company Improves Deliveries, Supply Chain
Thanks to Ceará Votu's UHF RFID solution, Cione has streamlined processes, monitored its supply chain and ensured 100 percent accuracy in its deliveries.
- Canadian Uniform Company Tracks Products With RFID
The system that Logistik Unicorp built in-house enables it to link raw materials with finished products, and to track those goods as they are received from a manufacturer, stored in its warehouse and then shipped to individual customers.
- Decathlon Scores a Big Win With RFID
The French sporting goods retailer is tracking most of its products from factories to more than 1,000 stores in 25 countries.
- Landscaping Company Keeps Tabs on Tools
Environmental Management adopted an RFID asset-tracking solution to eliminate losses and monitor inventory.
- Kuehne + Nagel Monitors Pharmaceuticals to Improve Customer Service
The global transportation and logistics firm turns to RFID to track the location and temperature of shipments.
- Copper Cable Provider Improves Inventory Management and Security
Progistix deployed an active RFID real-time location system (RTLS) to track large reels at its 400,000-square-foot yard.
- IT Service Provider Gains Visibility Into Warehouse Logistics
Essintial Enterprise Solutions uses RFID to track all parts, improving inventory management and customer service.
- Hy-Vee Supermarkets Track Perishables to Ensure Freshness
Suppliers include RFID temperature tags in shipments to the retailer's distribution centers, and the DCs reuse the tags to monitor goods en route to the stores.
- Italian Steel Pipe Manufacturer Tracks WIP Materials
Since deploying an RFID system to track pallets in a large industrial area, TenarisDalmine has increased production efficiencies and inventory accuracy, and improved worker safety.