- GasBuddy Offers Beacons, Dashboard to Gas-Station Convenience Stores
The free beacon solution is designed to help retailers increase pump-to-store traffic by delivering personalized ads, promotions and discounts to GasBuddy's users.
- Chinese Nuclear Plant Tracks Workers With RFID
The UHF RFID system, from Sun International, allows the Qinshan Nuclear Power Plant to confirm that all workers have left an area during an emergency, or identify any who still remain, as well as know if someone enters an unauthorized area.
- Redpoint Positioning Launches High-Precision RTLS
The company says its system, currently being piloted at construction sites and retail stores to track workers' whereabouts, does not require a Wi-Fi network, making deployments easy, fast and less expensive.
- Extronics to Market AeroScout Wi-Fi-based RFID Tags, Software to Industrial Sector
Two months after saying its AeroScout Industrial product line was being phased out, Stanley Healthcare has struck an agreement with Extronics, which plans to provide AeroScout sales and service to customers in the oil and gas, chemical, pharmaceutical and petrochemical sectors.
- RFID News Roundup
Gimbal expands product line with new USB-powered Bluetooth beacons ••• EnvisionWare launches RFID Tablet Tag ••• Camelback Resort's lodge and Aquatopia waterpark adopt PDC's RFID wristband system ••• Sandia National Lab solicits partners to commercialize 'active authentication' technology ••• More pharmacies seek automated kit-stocking technologies, according to Kit Check study.
- Dominion East Ohio Uses RFID to Inspect Natural Gas Pipes
The energy company is attaching passive HF RFID tags to aboveground pipes, and is using handheld readers and an iPhone app to manage the inspection data.
- RFID Tracks Radioactive Materials Used by Oil Services Providers to Explore New Well Sites
The system, developed by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, is being tested by Baker Hughes to monitor the location and usage of such materials.
- Weatherford Laboratories' RFID Solution Reduces Risk of Losing Offshore Earth Samples
The company is offering the system, developed in partnership with JPL RFID, to its oil and gas customers, to ensure that samples from a drill site can be tracked.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2015 to Feature Eight Preconference Seminars
New topics in this year's program include RFID-enabled smart products and experiential marketing with RFID.
- French Nuclear Plant Service Provider Tracks Containers Via RFID
SPIE Nucléaire is using handheld readers to record the locations and conditions of equipment containers that it has fitted with passive UHF tags.
- Major Chinese Oil Company Expedites Equipment Inspections via RFID
The firm's inspectors and oil workers are using Xerafy passive UHF tags and ATID handheld readers to locate transformers, as well as view data about them and update maintenance records.
- RFID-Reading Drone Tracks Structural Steel Products in Storage Yard
Dubai-based Age Steel is using an airborne RFID reader to inventory and locate tagged bundles of pipes, plates and other items stored in its yard.
- RFID Locates Pipes and Secures Meter Collection for Utilities
A South American water company is piloting IDMeters' passive UHF solution designed to locate pipes above or below ground.
- Exhibit Hall Sold Out for RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction
The event, to be held in Perth, Australia, on Aug. 12-13, will focus on helping companies in these sectors employ RFID to improve their business operations.
- InfraMarker Adds GPS, Cloud Services to Manage Buried Assets
The company says the new edition of its RFID-enabled solution will bring underground assets into the Internet of Things.