- Dominion East Ohio Uses RFID to Inspect Natural Gas Pipes
The energy company is attaching passive HF RFID tags to aboveground pipes, and is using handheld readers and an iPhone app to manage the inspection data.
- RFID Tracks Radioactive Materials Used by Oil Services Providers to Explore New Well Sites
The system, developed by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, is being tested by Baker Hughes to monitor the location and usage of such materials.
- Weatherford Laboratories' RFID Solution Reduces Risk of Losing Offshore Earth Samples
The company is offering the system, developed in partnership with JPL RFID, to its oil and gas customers, to ensure that samples from a drill site can be tracked.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2015 to Feature Eight Preconference Seminars
New topics in this year's program include RFID-enabled smart products and experiential marketing with RFID.
- French Nuclear Plant Service Provider Tracks Containers Via RFID
SPIE Nucléaire is using handheld readers to record the locations and conditions of equipment containers that it has fitted with passive UHF tags.
- Major Chinese Oil Company Expedites Equipment Inspections via RFID
The firm's inspectors and oil workers are using Xerafy passive UHF tags and ATID handheld readers to locate transformers, as well as view data about them and update maintenance records.
- RFID-Reading Drone Tracks Structural Steel Products in Storage Yard
Dubai-based Age Steel is using an airborne RFID reader to inventory and locate tagged bundles of pipes, plates and other items stored in its yard.
- RFID Locates Pipes and Secures Meter Collection for Utilities
A South American water company is piloting IDMeters' passive UHF solution designed to locate pipes above or below ground.
- Exhibit Hall Sold Out for RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction
The event, to be held in Perth, Australia, on Aug. 12-13, will focus on helping companies in these sectors employ RFID to improve their business operations.
- InfraMarker Adds GPS, Cloud Services to Manage Buried Assets
The company says the new edition of its RFID-enabled solution will bring underground assets into the Internet of Things.
- Nuclear Facility Tests RFID on Pipe Welds
A solution from Beweis is intended to accurately identity a pipe weld via a handheld reader, and link that weld to radiographic images of it that prove its integrity.
- RFID News Roundup
DHL adds 13 locations throughout the Americas to its life-sciences Thermonet network; EM Microelectronic announces COiN Bluetooth smart beacon; SkyeTek unveils new UHF RFID module; International oil and gas company implements Precyse Technologies' RTLS to boost worker safety; RFID takes part in University of Texas at Dallas commencement ceremony.
- Woodside Tests New Passive-Active RFID Tag
The Australian oil and gas company is trialing Omni-ID's Power 400 RFID tag, branded as the Woodside Smart Tag (or W-Tag), at its LNG operation site.
- RFID Journal Unveils Agenda for RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction Conference
Speakers at the event, to be held in Australia on Aug. 12-13, will include executives from Woodside Energy and Bechtel.
- RFID Journal to Hold Inaugural RFID Event in Australia Focused on Energy, Mining and Construction
The event, to be held on Aug. 12-13, will be co-located with the Lean Construction Conference, and will focus on how companies in these sectors are employing RFID to improve their business operations.