- Complete RFID Solutions Hit the Market
Many companies are offering more than just tags or readers, and that's good news for end users.
- Carrier Takes Manufacturing to a Higher Level
The manufacturer of heating and ventilation equipment used RFID technology to make a highly efficient plant even more efficient.
- Can Anyone in the Obama Administration Spell 'RFID'?
The president called for Congress to authorize $1 billion for ill-defined support for manufacturing, while ignoring the RFID revolution in its backyard.
- Predictions for RFID in 2013
It will be another year of steady progress and consolidation.
- 2012: A Year of Progress
End users rolled out new RFID applications and expanded existing deployments, the technology continued to improve, and there were some major acquisitions.
- About Honeywell's Purchase of Intermec
It's a sign of the RFID market's growth, as well as of a potential battle for 'gorilla' status in the reader market.
- RFID in Brazil
RFID Journal's inaugural event in that country revealed great enthusiasm for the technology.
- The Value of End-User Case Studies
Events that feature presentations about real-world RFID deployments can help you solve business problems, as well as provide insights into how the technology can benefit you in ways you never thought of.
- Reducing Theft and Diversion of Electronic Devices
RFID can help in a variety of interesting ways.
- RFID Can Reduce Data-Center Energy Consumption
The Internet and an insatiable demand for online connectivity are fueling explosive growth in energy consumption by server farms, but RFID-enabled sensors can help.
- Making Robots That Can See
Will RFID or vision technologies be used to identify objects on an assembly line?
- What Could Be in Health Care
Many hospitals are using RFID for one application or another, but no one has yet put it all together.
- Retailers Recognize the Problem—Not the Solution, Part 2
A study conducted by Retail Systems Research indicates that retailers see the value of visibility, but don't recognize that RFID can deliver it.
- How RFID Is Transforming VA Hospital Operations
One of the largest rollouts of real-time location technology will help to improve care and reduce costs—and show other hospitals how a radio frequency identification deployment can be done right.
- Getting Ready for the Future Supply Chain
RFID Forum 2012, hosted by the University of Arkansas, offers an opportunity to see the new RFID Research Center lab and learn about item-level deployments.