- Airlines Could Benefit From RFID-Enabled Baggage Handling
Despite a decline in the number of problems per thousand travelers, mishandled bags still cost the global airline industry $2.6 billion annually. RFID could help.
- Complete RFID Solutions Hit the Market
Many companies are offering more than just tags or readers, and that's good news for end users.
- Carrier Takes Manufacturing to a Higher Level
The manufacturer of heating and ventilation equipment used RFID technology to make a highly efficient plant even more efficient.
- Can Anyone in the Obama Administration Spell 'RFID'?
The president called for Congress to authorize $1 billion for ill-defined support for manufacturing, while ignoring the RFID revolution in its backyard.
- Predictions for RFID in 2013
It will be another year of steady progress and consolidation.
- 2012: A Year of Progress
End users rolled out new RFID applications and expanded existing deployments, the technology continued to improve, and there were some major acquisitions.
- About Honeywell's Purchase of Intermec
It's a sign of the RFID market's growth, as well as of a potential battle for 'gorilla' status in the reader market.
- RFID in Brazil
RFID Journal's inaugural event in that country revealed great enthusiasm for the technology.
- The Value of End-User Case Studies
Events that feature presentations about real-world RFID deployments can help you solve business problems, as well as provide insights into how the technology can benefit you in ways you never thought of.
- Reducing Theft and Diversion of Electronic Devices
RFID can help in a variety of interesting ways.
- RFID Can Reduce Data-Center Energy Consumption
The Internet and an insatiable demand for online connectivity are fueling explosive growth in energy consumption by server farms, but RFID-enabled sensors can help.
- Making Robots That Can See
Will RFID or vision technologies be used to identify objects on an assembly line?
- What Could Be in Health Care
Many hospitals are using RFID for one application or another, but no one has yet put it all together.
- Retailers Recognize the Problem—Not the Solution, Part 2
A study conducted by Retail Systems Research indicates that retailers see the value of visibility, but don't recognize that RFID can deliver it.
- How RFID Is Transforming VA Hospital Operations
One of the largest rollouts of real-time location technology will help to improve care and reduce costs—and show other hospitals how a radio frequency identification deployment can be done right.