- NFC Helps Track Medication Use in Clinical Trials
Schreiner MediPharm has released its Smart Vial Kit for clinical trial testing, which uses printed electronics to capture and store sensor data related to when a medical device was removed, as well as NFC technology to transmit that data for review and analysis on an app.
- NFC Aids Fire Prevention for Sprinkler Service Company
Automated Decision is leveraging its NFC RFID-based solution, using HID Global technology, to service companies and facility managers, providing visibility into inspections and maintenance of fire-prevention equipment and other assets.
- NFC- and Sensor-Based Solution Brings Intelligence to Cattle Feed, Forage
Orkel is preparing pilots of its new FeedIQ system that analyzes the quality of bulk material as it compacts and bales that material, then stores the data with NFC tag IDs so that users can access that information as they sell, purchase or use the bales.
- Polish Cancer Center Tracks Drug Temperatures via a Real-Time NFC-enabled Solution
The system, from Bluog and Utz Group, includes NFC-enabled data-loggers, Near Field Communication readers attached to containers, and a cellular or Wi-Fi connection to software managing the read data.
- U.K. University Expands NFC Solutions to Track Workforce at Three Campuses
The University of Wolverhampton uses Skillweb's SmartTask system to automatically track the work of personnel cleaning bathrooms, inspecting student housing rooms, servicing emergency equipment and more.
- Erste Group Banks on RFID
The Austrian financial services provider has introduced a smart wristband and sticker for mobile payments.
- NFC Helps Charity With Fundraising Event
Tipping Point received more than $7 million in donations within half an hour.
- RFID Connects Rémy Martin With Its Consumers
The French cognac producer uses NFC technology to authenticate bottles and improve customer loyalty.
- Post Foods Adds NFC to Cereal Marketing Mix
Concertgoers accessed custom songs and video with their smartphones.
- Electronic Invoices Reduce Paper Consumption
The Taiwan Fiscal Information Agency uses RFID and NFC technologies to enable shoppers to receive e-receipts.