- RFID Makes Order Out of Chaotic Distribution Chain
Hanmi Pharmaceutical developed an automated picking and shipping system, to ensure hospitals and pharmacies get the medical products they need.
- Parker Hannifin Embeds RFID Tags in O-Rings
The solution was developed to prevent counterfeiting, but businesses also can use the technology to identify and track assets.
- Lufthansa Technik Automates Supply Management
The logistics services division turned to RFID to track time-sensitive materials and build a greener business.
- Portuguese Port Operator Relies on RFID for Vehicle Loading
The new Sograin solid grains terminal was designed with a radio frequency identification solution to ensure fast and efficient service for its customers.
- Marks & Spencer Rolls Out RFID to All Its Stores
The U.K. retailer is updating its radio frequency identification technology as it moves to tag all apparel and hard goods.
- Argentine Winery Harvests Crops With RFID
Bodega Norton uncorks a tracking and payment solution to improve productivity.
- Global Logistics Company Monitors Shipments' Temperatures
Panalpina Group deployed an RFID solution to track the conditions of health-care and pharmaceutical products during transit or storage.
- The Ongoing War Against Inefficiencies
The U.S. Department of Defense is refining its RFID strategy to optimize the world's most complex supply chain.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: Best RFID Implementation—Gerry Weber's Pain-Free RFID Revolution
The clothing designer and retailer tracks garments from manufacturing sites to warehouses and retail stores, to improve inventory management and deter theft.
- 2010 RFID Journal Award: RFID Helps Ensure That Special Cup of Joe
Almacafe, the warehousing subsidiary of the National Federation of Coffee Growers of Colombia, tracks specialty coffee beans to better compete in the global market.
- Siemens Practices What It Produces
The RFID systems vendor is also one of its own best customers. The technology helps the electronics company meet customers' specific manufacturing needs cost-effectively.
- Canadian Beef Processor Deploys RFID for Food Safety
Levinoff-Colbex instituted a monitoring system to quickly identify and track any animal products from potentially contaminated or diseased animals.
- Finnish Tractor Manufacturer Harvests RFID
Valtra is collaborating with a parts supplier to improve inventory management and streamline processes.
- RFID Makes Pallet Tracking More Palatable
Japan Pallet Rental is deploying an RFID system to locate its rental pallets in the supply chain and create value-added services for its customers.
- An RFID Fashion Statement
Switzerland's Charles Voegele Group discovers that fashions tracked and managed via RFID are always in style.