- Alien Technology Seen in Chicago
At a conference this week, the world finally got to see the startups low-cost RFID tags in action.
- Cold Chain Firm Joins EPC Effort
Sensitech, a company offering systems for monitoring the condition of perishable goods, is the center's newest sponsor.
- Accenture Demos RFID Tools
Accenture recently showed off a prototype system for tracking unique items in a retail environment.
- Auto-ID Center Makes Its Case
White Papers say a retailer with 800 stores could save $150 million per year from tracking individual items.
- World's Thinnest Smart Label
Flying Null, a British maker of magnetic tagging technologies, has unveiled an ID label that is just three microns thick.
- Zebra Travels the Migration Path
The leading maker of bar code printers has joined the Auto-ID Center's efforts to create a low-cost RFID tracking system.
- Alien Demos Sub-10-cent RFID Tag
Alien Technology recently demonstrated the world's first low-cost RFID tag based on the Auto-ID Center's specification.
- CVS: RFID May Cure One Headache
The drugstore chain has joined the Auto-ID Center in the hope that RFID can ensure products haven't reached their expiration date.
- SAP's Supply Chain of Tomorrow
Replenishment application uses intelligent agents to react to potential out of stocks before they occur.
- SAP To Demo RFID Replenishment
At its Sapphire user conference this week, the software company will show how systems can react automatically to RFID data.