- Rady Children's Hospital Tracks Anesthetic Drugs Via RFID
The California facility is using MEPS Real-Time's RFID-enabled cart to manage trays filled with medications, with the goal of improving efficiency and patient safety by ensuring that the right drug is available and never nearing expiration.
- PostNL Tracks Temperature-Sensitive Pharmaceuticals Via RFID
The company has installed SenseAnywhere active UHF transceivers and receivers within the postal vehicles it operates in Belgium.
- RFID News Roundup
MAINtag announces deployment of over 1 million flyable tags, new deliveries of FLYtag skin; Kit Check releases new RFID scanning station; new DOD rules for electronics parts contractors could spur RFID use; Lab ID introduces two new RFID inlays; IDTronic unveils new UHF RFID reader module; NXP releases Android development kit for Mifare, Icode and NTAG products; Smartrac and Confidex partner on U.S. distribution agreement; Tecsys Buys Logi-D.
- RxSafe's Machines Use RFID to Automatically Dispense Medications
The company's new RxASP line incorporates HF RFID readers to identify and dispense the correct types and amounts of pharmaceuticals.
- Turck Releases Small, Low-Cost, Short-Range UHF Reader for Industrial Use
The Q120, with a 3-meter read range, is sized to fit into a small alcove or other location where it is less likely to be damaged in a manufacturing environment.
- Hanmi IT Markets Item-Level RFID Tracking Software, New Readers
The software, designed by Hanmi Pharmaceutical's IT division, is being piloted by Korean government agencies, while a future installation by a pharmaceutical company is in the works to manage products from factory to drug store.
- Borda Technology Markets Active and Passive RFID Health-care Solution in the U.S.
The company's system, already in use at hospitals in Turkey, includes both passive and active tags for tracking patients, personnel and assets—all managed on a single software platform.
- Shelfbucks' Bluetooth-NFC Beacons Bring Discounts to Tarrytown Pharmacy's Shoppers
The solution combines BLE and active NFC RFID technologies in a single tag, ensuring that both Android and Apple phones can access coupons and promotional materials.
- U.S. Biologics Distributor Markets RFID Solution to Its Customers
FFF Enterprises believes its Verified Inventory Program-Consignment system can lower a hospital's costs by automating the inventorying and monitoring of blood products, vaccines and pharmaceuticals stored in cabinets located onsite.
- Marshall University Researchers Foresee a 'Perfect Storm' for RFID in Health Care
RFID technology is competing for the attention of hospital IT departments, a study says, but when deployed, it can reduce costs by hundreds of thousands of dollars, and benefit hospitals experiencing growth due to the Affordable Care Act.
- Final Agenda Announced for RFID in Health Care
RFID Journal's ninth annual event will focus on helping health-care providers understand how the technology can help them improve patient safety, hospital operations and supply chain efficiencies.
- Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System Expands RTLS Usage
The Louisiana hospital operator is now installing a Skytron-CenTrak system at a second facility, with a third scheduled to go live after that.
- RFID in Health Care to Showcase Latest Innovative Solutions for Health-Care Industry
RFID Journal's ninth event for the medical industry will focus on helping health-care providers understand how RFID technology can help them improve patient safety, hospital operations and supply chain efficiencies.
- Hong Kong R&D Center Tests Anti-Counterfeiting Solution for Chinese Herbal Medicine
The group expects next month to commercially release the low-cost EPC Gen 2 UHF reader chip that it developed for its AuthenTick application.
- Swiss Oncology Center Prevents Errors Via RFID
Riviera Hospital is using Elekta's RFID-based solution that issues an alert if a patient is being treated with the wrong accessories.