- Partners to Offer Biometric IDs
Datacard and Identix have teamed up to promote and sell fingerprint identification technology to banks and corporations.
- CD Tracking Project Deemed A Hit
All indications are that Phase 1 of the UK's CD.id project, in which music CDs were tracked through the supply chain, was a success.
- SKU Picking in the DC Goes Mobile
FKI Logistex's mobile pick-to-light system speeds up the processes of finding and picking slow moving items in a warehouse.
- Axcess Furloughs Staff
Weak demand for RFID asset tracking and security systems has forced the company to cut spending while it looks for funding.
- EU Retailers To Track At Item-Level
AMR Research says several major European apparel and footwear retailers are planning implementations for next year.
- Thin-Film Battery May Energize RFID
Cymbet has unveiled a flexible, thin-film, rechargeable battery that could transform active RFID technology.
- RFID Chip To Monitor Tire Pressure
Philips Semiconductors has unveiled a new RFID chip that will drive a system for directly measuring vehicle tire pressure.
- U.S. Smart Card Use Up Sharply
From January through June 2002, unit shipments more than doubled to 31.2 million, according to a new study.
- RFID Speeds Border Crossings
Chinese customs hopes to reduce smuggling and improve the flow of traffic by using RFID at Shenzhen border.
- Partners to Track Airline Carts
eLSG.SkyChefs and Scanpak offer the airline catering industry a way to track food carts anywhere in the world.
- Smart License May Cut Car Theft
Infineon Technologies has teamed with two other German companies to create an intelligent license tag, or "iltag."
- Kodak Pictures RFID Benefits
The film company has backed the Auto-ID Center because it believes RFID can have significant benefits for manufacturers.
- ABI: RFID Market Remains Weak
By Bob Violino
Confusion about low-cost tags, cutbacks in capital spending and a lack of skilled integrators is limited demand.
- Amusement Parks Adopting RFID
RFID is being used in attractions and as a convenient way to pay for everything from lockers to refreshments.
- SAMSys CEO Offers Read On RFID
CEO Cliff Horwitz recently spoke to RFID Journal about the need for standards and the growth of the industry.