- Amex Opts for Biometric RFID Card
Employees now use a contactless smart card with fingerprint recognition technology to gain access to the company's New York headquarters.
- RTLS Links Active and Passive RFID
RF Technologies' latest real-time locating system lets companies track assets with any type of tag.
- Axcess Back from the Brink
The company has secured new funding and has introduced a new product, an RFID container seal.
- Experts Focus on Identity Crisis
The Smart Card Alliance's Mid-Winter Conference, opening today, will focus on how to protect identities.
- The Package Is the Computer
A Swedish startup has developed a low-cost, RFID-like system for embedding intelligence in packaging.
- New Remote RFID Labeling System
Manhattan Associates and Zebra Technologies have teamed up to enable companies to print RFID labels over the Internet.
- ISO Moves on RFID Standards
The International Organization for Standardization is set to approve drafts of four supply chain standards.
- Savi Wins $90M RFID Contract
The US military has awarded a three-year contract to extend its Total Asset Visibility network.
- New Ink for Printed RFID Antennas
A startup says it has developed highly conductive inks that can be printed on paper at high speeds.
- RFID Benefits Span Supply Chain
New business cases published by the Auto-ID Center suggest that RFID will have widespread benefits.
- Warehouse Apps Get RFID Upgrade
RedPrairie's latest warehouse management system will handle both bar codes and RFID tags.
- Flint Bets on Printed RFID Antennas
Flint Ink is investing several million dollars in a new facility that will develop inks for smart packaging.
- Auto-ID Center to Hold Symposium
At a major event in Chicago in September, the center will formally launch its EPC technology.
- Startup Offers Low-Priced Reader
SkyeTek has developed a multi-protocol 13.56 MHz handheld reader that costs just $249.
- Checkpoint Bridges EAS-RFID Gap
New line of EAS products can be upgraded to handle radio frequency identification tags.