- RFID to Spark Supply Chain Sector Growth
Coming as no surprise to those already involved, the "supply chain event management" (SCEM) space will benefit significantly from RFID.
- Drug makers consider adding RFID tags to labels
- Department of Defense increases RFID spending
Savi Technology's RFID contract with the U.S. Department of Defense will be increased from $90 million to $207 million.
- RFID News Roundup
By Bob Violino
Alien debuts 96-bit class 1 EPC tags; SSA RFID-enables distribution software; Argent boosts RFID label production capacity; partners to offer RFID application integration; new handheld Bluetooth RFID reader.
- There's more to RFID than supply chain enhancement
There are plenty of creative and economically compelling applications for which RFID is being used other than supply chain enhancement.
- Beyond RFID Mandates
The benefits a company might realize from RFID will largely depend on the time and planning put into developing its RFID implementation.
- RFID: It's no supply chain saviour - not yet anyway
Almost everyone agrees that RFID will change the face of business. The point of disagreement is: when?
- RFID Caught in Trade Politics?
Some believe that the pharmaceutical industry's RFID initiative might be motivated by a desire to hamper the importation of drugs from Canada.
- Obstacles Still Confronting RFID
This article considers what have come to be accepted as some of the biggest obstacles to successful widespread RFID adoption.
- Microsoft Bets on Pervasive RFID
Beyond just producing middleware, Microsoft wants to participate in RFID's role in the consumer's "smart" home.
- Negative Reader Response to CNET's RFID Article
The responses CNET News.com received after it recently ran a story about RFID and human chip implanting were negative almost across the board.
- Museum Puts Tags on Stuffed Birds
By Farhat Khan
A Danish museum of natural history hatches an RFID-based exhibit on birds to better educate and entertain its visitors
- Oracle's New App Suite Tackles RFID
On Monday at Oracle Open World in London, Oracle announced details of the new RFID features included in its major upgrade to E-Business Suite.
- Avery Debuts RFID Applicators
By Jonathan Collins
The leading maker of self-adhesive labels unveils two smart label applicators, including one that also encodes and prints.
- The State of RFID Mandates
Despite the constant headlines announcing yet another retailer's RFID mandate, there do remain companies that are not jumping on the bandwagon.