- Wal-Mart CIO to Speak on RFID
Linda Dillman will talk about Wal-Mart's RFID efforts at Retail Systems2003/VICS Collaborative Commerce conference next month.
- New ROI Calculator for RFID
The Auto-ID Center has created an online calculator designed to help companies determine whether deploying EPC technology will pay off.
- Get RFID Readers in a Flash (Card)
Syscan's compact flash reader, which plugs into almost any handheld computer, will cost $150 and read 13.56 MHz ISO-compliant tags.
- Psion, Lab ID Unveil RFID Handheld
A new wireless netpad will be able to scan bar codes and read from and write to 13.56 MHz tags.
- Rafsec Offers Embedded RFID Tags
The Finnish company has developed transponders that can be embedded in plastic containers during the injection molding process.
- Port Turns to RFID for Security
The Port of Houston Authority has joined the Smart and Secure Trade lanes initiative.
- RFID Helps to Perfect Order Picking
Figleaves, a UK-based Web site that sells intimate apparel, plans to expand its use of RFID to eliminate errors at its warehouse.
- Two Days at the Alien Academy
RFID Journal Editor Mark Roberti recently attended Alien Technology's RFID course. Here's his report.
- EM Micro Readies New RFID Chip
The Swiss semiconductor company will soon begin shipping a low-cost UHF chip for use in RFID labels.
- Low-Cost Tags for Vehicle ID
Sirit will use Matrics' UHF tags as a low-cost option for parking and vehicle access applications.
- Peer-to-Peer: RFID's Killer App?
A Finnish company has developed peer-to-peer technology that enables companies to share real-time product information, regardless of the RFID tag used.
- Intellident Offers RFID Consulting
The UK systems integrator has launched an advisory service for companies considering switching from conventional auto-ID systems to RFID.
- Axcess Back from the Brink
The company has secured new funding and has introduced a new product, an RFID container seal.
- Savi Wins $90M RFID Contract
The US military has awarded a three-year contract to extend its Total Asset Visibility network.
- RFID Benefits Span Supply Chain
New business cases published by the Auto-ID Center suggest that RFID will have widespread benefits.