- Device Maker Deploys Item-Level RFID Across Supply Chain
SonicWALL, a provider of network security devices, is using RFID to provide item-level visibility into its extended supply chain.
- RFID Tech Providers to Display Solutions for Retail, Apparel, Footwear and Accessories Companies
RFID in Fashion 2008, the third annual event produced by RFID Journal and the American Apparel & Footwear Association, will feature new products and services designed to help companies deploy RFID quickly and profitably.
- Norwegian Food Group Nortura to Track Meat
The company's IT subsidiary, Matiq, is teaming with IBM to deploy a system that uses RFID to track meat from the slaughterhouse to the store.
- SimplyRFID Upgrades Its Service By Upgrading Its Tag
The logistics and security services provider has switched to Avery Dennison AD-224 RFID inlays to increase read range, data storage and security.
- Banking Group to Set RFID Roadmap
Hoping to facilitate RFID adoption by its members, the Financial Services Technology Consortium is working toward instituting a standardized approach to using the technology.
- EV3 Uses RFID to Streamline Inventory
The medical device maker has realized important business benefits by employing RFID to track its stock of stents and other products used for treating vascular diseases.
- New System Puts RFID at Core of Paper Handling
A new RFID system designed for the paper industry uses combination 125 KHz/6.8 MHz tags to identify industrial-sized paper rolls in production and supply chain environments. The complete system from IPICO and Sonoco includes application software to support end-to-end product tracking.
- Art Dealer Finds Beauty in RFID Tracking System
The French Art Network is employing active RFID tags to track its art inventory in near-real time, while also deterring internal theft.
- European EPC Competence Center Updates UHF Tag Study
According to the updated study, new tag designs and improved antennas have increased UHF tag performance during the past year.
- RFID Journal Launches New Online Buyer's Guide to RFID Resources
New Buyer's Guide enhanced listings and a Request for Quote tool will enable readers to quickly contact vendors.
- Checkpoint Systems Acquires RFID Software Company OATSystems
The deal is designed to make Checkpoint a one-stop shop for retailers that want to use radio frequency identification to prevent theft and reduce stock-outs.
- Alien Software Adds Context to Tag Reads
A free firmware upgrade will enable owners of Alien fixed readers to determine the direction, distance and speed of an EPC Gen 2 UHF passive tag.
- Avery Dennison Ramps Up Its RFID R&D
The inlay manufacturer hired two new engineering execs to build strengths in RFID testing and application development.
- Ambitious RFID Pilot Launches With a Single Reader
Spanish children's apparel producer Bóboli installed an RFID reader at its distribution center to track about 200,000 individual pieces of clothing. The installation is the first phase of a project the company expects will eventually cover all of its inventory and extend to store-level RFID tracking.
- Boboli to Use EPC Gen 2 Tags to Track Tyke Togs
The Spanish clothing company hopes the technology will make the receiving and shipping processes at its main DC more efficient and accurate, as well as speed up the apparel's distribution to individual stores.