- New Study Shows Strategy for Adopting Internet of Things
Gartner and T-Systems have concluded that companies must invest in IoT platforms based on a multi-vendor ecosystem and a variety of solutions.
- Finalists Unveiled for 12th Annual RFID Journal Awards
RFID Journal has announced the finalists for its 2018 awards. The winners will be revealed at this year's LIVE! event, being held in Orlando, Fla., on Apr. 10-12.
- Active RFID Goes Overhead With Drone-based Reader
Bechtel is piloting Atlas RFID's new reader payload for drones to capture tag reads in large spaces, in remote locations and at high elevations.
- Key-Printing Kiosks Automate RFID Card Copying
KeyMe has retrofitted 111 of its kiosks with RFID functionality so that users with LF access cards and key fobs can print copies, while all future kiosks will come with the RFID technology built in.
- T-Systems, Spearhead Partner to Add IoT to Car Insurance
Launched in Europe, the Digital Drive solution helps with claims management and enables insurers to offer new services to vehicle owners.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2018 to Host IEEE RFID 2018
The co-located technical conference will feature a special Smart Cities Educational Mega-Challenge.
- Senior Bowl Runs With UWB RFID in Ball to Monitor Players' Performance
The system, from Zebra Technologies, used RFID tags on uniforms and in balls to capture data about the performance of each player, enabling fans and coaches to better understand what is happening on the field.
- RFID News Roundup
Fujitsu Components America offers BLE sensor beacon, data logger ••• Asahi Kasei Microdevices develops transmit-only BLE IC ••• DeltaTrak unveils BLE wireless monitoring solution ••• Frost & Sullivan honors Smartrac for its RFID solutions ••• Inmarsat says IoT will play major role in protecting agricultural workers.
- LIVE! 2018 to Feature RFID Professional Institute Certification, Fast-Track Training Course
RFID Journal's 16th annual conference and exhibition will offer attendees the chance to become Institute-certified, and provide training in RFID deployment and applications development.
- General Motors, Boeing to Keynote at RFID Journal LIVE! 2018
RFID Journal's 16th annual event, being held in Orlando on Apr. 10-12, will feature an impressive lineup of new case studies exploring how to use RFID to create business value.
- RFP Roundup: Recent RFID Requests for Proposals
Tendersinfo has released information about a number of new RFPs related to radio frequency identification technologies.
- RFID Helps Parents Find Lost School Uniforms
Approximately 100 schools have adopted the RagTagd system since the company launched two years ago, enabling parents to receive a text message if their child's garment is left behind in a school's lost-and-found area.
- T-Systems, Embratel Announce IoT Partnership
In order to offer Internet of Things connectivity in Brazil, T-Systems has become a mobile virtual network operator.
- Small Children Jam to NFC-Enabled Jukebox
The Jooki, from MuuseLabs, is intended to allow children to listen to their favorite music, without the added distractions of a smartphone or tablet, by placing an NFC-tagged figurine on a speaker equipped with a reader and a Wi-Fi connection.
- Activa-ID Launches 'IoT Place' Project
With this initiative, the company seeks to encourage the use of new technologies aimed at the Internet of Things, automation and interactivity.