- NFC Brings Music Mixing to DropMix Board Game
The game, from Hasbro and Harmonix Music Systems, allows players to create thousands of unique mixes based on popular songs, with the help of passive NFC RFID and Bluetooth technologies.
- RFID Moura Invests in Fostering Youth Interest in Technology
Concerned about the lack of high-level labor in developed markets such as the United States, the company seeks to attract the interest of young people.
- French Researchers, Paper Company Release NFC Printing Method on Paper
A doctoral thesis at the University of Grenoble Alpes identifies three methods of printing electronics for Near Field Communication tags directly onto paper; the system is now being offered by French paper company PowerCoat.
- Shoe Shop Doubles Sales via RFID
After a year of operation, Sapati has achieved a 100 percent increase in its sales, thanks to the use of radio frequency identification and other technologies to improve the customer experience.
- UWB Technology Proves Mythological for Icelandic Museum
Snorrastofa Reykholt is providing guests with a system from Locatify that identifies their exact locations in the museum within 20 centimeters and feeds them information based on that data.
- Cornell University Researchers Seek Partners for RFID Vital Signs Device
The system uses UHF RFID signals to detect a patient's heart rate, blood pressure and other vital signs without touching that individual, and is also being tested on rats and other animals.
- Ceitec, EGR Sign Toll Agreement
The document establishes commercial clauses and forecasts the demand for the acquisition of RFID chips.
- EZOfficeInventory Adopts RFID
The tracking software company's customers are testing its new RFID-enabled solution to capture asset or equipment location data via TSL readers that forward that information to iOS or Android devices, bypassing the problem of older operating system software on many RFID readers.
- Security at the Core of Cisco's IoT Initiatives
Executives at the company's subsidiary in Brazil stress the importance of its Kinetic platform for processing Internet of Things data.
- RFID-based App Helps Consumers Find a Cold Drink
Cool&Go is an app-based extension of Blulog's automated data-logging system to point consumers in the direction of beverages or ice cream in their neighborhood, while also sharing their temperatures.
- Companies Test T-Systems' IoT Technology in Brazil
With the Roambee device, the Internet of Things platform collects data such as location, shock, humidity, temperature, movement, air gases and other environmental variations.
- Zebra Survey Finds IoT Plans in the Works at Most Companies
Only 36 percent of respondents say they have a company-wide intelligent enterprise system, while 57 percent report having a vision in place for some level of Internet of Things expansion.
- BNDES Allots Large Investment to Internet of Things Projects in Brazil
Through funds for innovation, the bank intends to finance projects in areas defined by the country's IoT Action Plan in the next three years.
- Bracelet Works Like a Credit Card in Brazil
Through a partnership with Visa, a new device from Trigg can be used on Cielo-, Getnet- and Rede-enabled machines, via a mobile app.
- CPqD to Integrate Dojot Platform into Brazil's Public Network
An agreement with WND, involving connectivity with Sigfox technology, aims to accelerate the development of Internet of Things solutions in that country.