- IoT Cuts Water Use, Boosts Yield for Asparagus Farm
Devine Organics saw its harvest yield almost double, even while reducing water consumption by 6 percent, based on data from a WaterBit LoRa-based system that leverages AT&T Controls' LTE network.
- Brazilian Sugar and Ethanol Company Uses RFID in Agribusiness
Technology developed by CPqD allows Usina São Martinho to reap the fruits of processes steeped in the Internet of Things.
- Wisconsin Cranberry Farm Protects Crops With IoT System
The Monnit wireless temperature and humidity sensor solution enables Hilltop Cranberry to receive alerts if temperatures dip too low, thereby ensuring the farm takes action to protect its crops from frost damage.
- RFID Brings Temperature Visibility to Pizza Chain
Domino's franchise Mar Pizza is deploying a ZigBee-based IoT system from Unified Office to gain real-time and historic temperature data, as well as other sensor information, at its restaurants across three states.
- Tamper-Detection Capsule Brings Security and Marketing to Wine Makers
The Domaine Henri Rebourseau winery uses the InTact capsules to protect its brand from counterfeiters by uniquely identifying every bottle of burgundy and detecting whether the capsule has been removed and replaced, to ensure that no bottles have been opened and their wine potentially replaced.
- Wireless Sensors Help Oyster Farmer Cope With Growing Threat
A new scientific study reinforces the need to find solutions to deal with the spread of Vibrio bacteria due to warmer sea temperatures.