|Home||Internet of Things||Aerospace||Apparel||Energy||Defense||Health Care||Logistics||Manufacturing||Retail|
Leading Early Adopters to Speak at RFID in Fashion 2008
The third annual event produced by RFID Journal and the American Apparel & Footwear Association will feature companies from around the world that are using RFID to cut costs and boost sales.
Jul 23, 2008—RFID Journal and the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) have announced the complete lineup of speakers for RFID in Fashion 2008, the third annual conference for companies in the retail, apparel, footwear and accessories industries.
The event, being held Aug. 13-14 at New York's Fashion Institute of Technology, will feature the following speakers:
• Uwe Quiede, project manager of Kaufhof, explaining how the German retailer tracks items in-store with near-field ultrahigh-frequency (UHF) tags to provide new shopping services to its customers
• Al Dittrich, president and CEO of Retail Associates, detailing how Tomorrow's Mother manages maternity departments with smart displays in stores
• Helmut Weinekötter, director of processes and logistics for Karstadt Warenhaus, explaining how the German retailer has improved sales-floor processes by employing RFID
• Bill Hardgrave, director of the University of Arkansas' RFID Research Center, revealing the results of his research into RFID's role in loss prevention
• Torsten Strauch, Checkpoint Systems' European sales director of RFID, discussing how one of the company's customers benefited from moving from source tagging to source management
• Markus Rosendahl, business development director for NP Collection, explaining how the fashion designer is utilizing RFID to improve accuracy, and to speed the delivery of clothing items to stores
• Roberto Montanari, a University of Parma professor of industrial plants, discussing how RFID helps designer labels, such as Trussardi, reduce counterfeiting
• Patrick Javick, director of industry development for EPCglobal North America, Marshall Kay, founder of RFID Sherpas, and Götz Pfeifferling, CIO of Lemmi Fashion, discussing the keys to a successful RFID deployment in the retail, apparel, footwear and accessories sector
"We are very pleased to have attracted some of the leading early adopters from around the world to our third annual event with RFID Journal," says Mary Howell, the AAFA's VP of industry relations. "Attendees will hear unbiased presentations about where RFID can deliver value in the retail, apparel, footwear and accessory sectors today."
"We're very excited about this year's event, because RFID has left the pilot stage and is now in full deployment by early adopters," says Mark Roberti, founder and editor of RFID Journal. "It's clear that RFID can deliver significant benefits in key operational areas, and attendees will hear from companies with real-world experience."
Login and post your comment!
Not a member?
Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!
SEND IT YOUR WAY
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
TAKE THE POLL
|RFID Journal LIVE!||RFID in Health Care||LIVE! LatAm||LIVE! Brasil||LIVE! Europe||RFID Connect||Virtual Events||RFID Journal Awards||Webinars||Presentations|