|Home||Internet of Things||Aerospace||Apparel||Energy||Defense||Health Care||Logistics||Manufacturing||Retail|
RFID Journal LIVE! 2013 to Feature Nine Preconference and Four New Post-conference Seminars
The company's 11th annual conference and exhibition will include seminars and workshops focused on RFID's use in various industries.
Jan 24, 2013—RFID Journal announced today that nine preconference and four post-conference seminars will be offered to attendees at the RFID Journal LIVE! 2013 conference and exhibition.
LIVE! 2013 will be held from Apr. 30 to May 2, at the Orange County Convention Center, located in Orlando, Fla. The event, which will focus on radio frequency identification and its many business applications, will include the following seminars:
• Item-Level Retail and Apparel Workshop: This workshop will explain the benefits of employing RFID to track individual items, and how to achieve them. Plus, attendees will receive an update on the GS1 US Item Level RFID Initiative, which is helping to develop standard methods for deploying the technology, as well as best practices.
• RFID for Warehouse and Inventory Management: Participants will hear about RFID applications in inventory and warehouse management, and how to build a working RFID portal for automated receiving and inventory tracking.
• RFID in Harsh Environments: Attendees will learn about durable tags currently available on the market, how to evaluate tags for particular applications and how companies in the oil and gas, chemical, mining, construction and manufacturing sectors are successfully using RFID for asset tracking, personnel safety and equipment maintenance, as well as for speeding up production and shipping processes.
• RFID for IT Professionals: Sponsored by RFID Global Solution, this seminar will explain how to build a complete software architecture, in addition to the various choices that an IT architect faces in building and deploying a successful system.
• Managing Medical Devices: The presenters will explain how to evaluate tags for tracking medical devices; discuss key issues that must be considered when choosing software and integrating RFID data with existing back-end systems; and share best practices and case studies.
• Security and Access Control: This seminar will demonstrate how companies are utilizing RFID to control access to buildings and networks, protect products from theft and counterfeiting, and secure goods in transit.
• Pharma Serialization—Compliance and Beyond: Presented in partnership with GS1 US, this workshop is designed for pharmaceutical and life-sciences companies preparing to meet California's drug-pedigree requirements, or that wish to achieve greater visibility into their supply chains in order to improve business operations.
• NFC Workshop: Attendees will learn how companies can use Near Field Communication (NFC) RFID technology to enhance products and the consumer shopping experience.
• RFID Journal University: RFID Journal's most popular preconference seminar is designed to provide those new to radio frequency identification with the foundational knowledge necessary to begin understanding how the technology can be applied to solve specific business problems.
Login and post your comment!
Not a member?
Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!
SEND IT YOUR WAY
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
TAKE THE POLL