- VW Slovakia Optimizes Factory Vehicle Movement With RTLS
The solution, provided by Sewio, employs CEIT software and Decawave's RTLS tags and receivers to track the movement of each production vehicle, in order to manage how traffic flows in a complex and fluid assembly process.
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. Achieves 10 Percent Sales Boost With IoT-Based Coolers
The beverage company is deploying BLE, cellular and camera-based Internet of Things technologies from Atos to detect temperatures within 300,000 coolers, as well as track stock levels and how often consumers open cooler doors, and provide location-based data to app-using shoppers.
- NFC Aids Fire Prevention for Sprinkler Service Company
Automated Decision is leveraging its NFC RFID-based solution, using HID Global technology, to service companies and facility managers, providing visibility into inspections and maintenance of fire-prevention equipment and other assets.
- Hellenic Army Finds Reduction in Time and Cost With RFID in Supply Chain
The Greek military has been testing the technology for the past year across four ports, with active RFID tags on containers, pallets, boxes and some equipment, in order to gain better visibility into the shipping process.
- RFID Cuts Queue Waits, Boosts Truck Turnaround Times at Indian Plants
Ashok Leyland has deployed a UHF system from Vicinity RFID to automate the arrivals and departures of trucks delivering and picking up materials at three plants, and has thereby cut average turnaround times by more than two hours.
- Mining Company Tracks Ore Extraction via RFID
Codelco's RFID system, from MiningTAG, brings visibility into the amount and quality of ore being extracted at the world's largest underground mine, to ensure the safety of the tunnels and manage the kind of ore being extracted for customers.
- Florida Fire and Rescue Supplier Extends Visibility via RFID
The Bonita Springs Fire Control and Rescue District, using RFID tagging services from supplier QuadMed and a solution from Silent Partner Technologies, has reduced its inventory spending by 30 percent, while the Broward County Sheriff's Fire and Rescue Office plans to track the goods it uses and sells for emergency services.
- New York Builder Brings Safety With Visibility via RFID
An active RFID system, provided by Triax Technologies, enables Lettire Construction Corp. to track the locations of 140 workers on its site at any given time, to ensure that they are authorized to be there, are not in harm's way and are working where they should be.
- Tigrara, Elza Romero Stores Inventory 4,000 Items Within Two Hours
The two companies have adopted an RFID solution to gain visibility into the circulation of their products from factories to the point of sale to consumers.
- RFID Furthers Operational Efficiency for New York Hospital
Northern Westchester Hospital is using a passive UHF RFID solution from Quake Global to identify the specific pod in which equipment is located.
- Toronto Hospital Improves OR Department
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre RFID-tracks surgery patients to reduce bottlenecks and keep family members and friends informed.