- Hellenic Army Finds Reduction in Time and Cost With RFID in Supply Chain
The Greek military has been testing the technology for the past year across four ports, with active RFID tags on containers, pallets, boxes and some equipment, in order to gain better visibility into the shipping process.
- Patti Engineering Solves RFID Challenges at Manufacturing and Distribution Site
During an RFID Journal webinar, the company described the deployment of its Siemens RFID system at a Fortune 500 company, and how it overcame challenges of water and metal presence, stray reads and the need for 100 percent read coverage.
- RFID Cuts Queue Waits, Boosts Truck Turnaround Times at Indian Plants
Ashok Leyland has deployed a UHF system from Vicinity RFID to automate the arrivals and departures of trucks delivering and picking up materials at three plants, and has thereby cut average turnaround times by more than two hours.
- RFID Enables Hands-Free Transit Entrance for Vancouver Disabled
Hyperlight Systems designed the solution for the TransLink SkyTrain to leverage UHF RFD tag reads that would mimic the tapping of a fare card against an automated access gate.
- Cashew Company Improves Deliveries, Supply Chain
Thanks to Ceará Votu's UHF RFID solution, Cione has streamlined processes, monitored its supply chain and ensured 100 percent accuracy in its deliveries.
- Kuehne + Nagel Monitors Pharmaceuticals to Improve Customer Service
The global transportation and logistics firm turns to RFID to track the location and temperature of shipments.
- RFID Helps Maintain Shuttle Buses
Seattle Children's Hospital deployed a fleet-management system that automates vehicle inspections.
- Italian Steel Pipe Manufacturer Tracks WIP Materials
Since deploying an RFID system to track pallets in a large industrial area, TenarisDalmine has increased production efficiencies and inventory accuracy, and improved worker safety.