- Can RFID Protect the Beef Supply?
An expert from Kansas State University says, Yes, but several issues need to be resolved, including cost and performance of RFID tags and readers.
- The Prospects for 2003
Many companies will begin RFID pilots in 2003, says AMR's Peter Abell, but getting tags could be a problem.
- Vendors Team to Optimize DCs
WhereNet and Elogex want to help companies to get the right truck to the right dock door at the right time.
- RFID for Reverse Logistics
A startup plans to use RFID to turn the problem of returns into an opportunity to generate new revenue.
- New Direct-To-Textile Washable Tag
KSW-Microtec has unveiled new washable RFID labels that can be attached directly to the fabric of garments.
- RFID Cuts Costs by 3 to 5 Percent
An AMR Research says early RFID implementations have shown a 3 to 5 percent reduction in supply chain costs.
- Partners To offer Air Cargo Tracking
Envirotainer and Savi Technology will develop a real-time asset tracking and security system for the air cargo industry.
- SKU Picking in the DC Goes Mobile
FKI Logistex's mobile pick-to-light system speeds up the processes of finding and picking slow moving items in a warehouse.
- EU Retailers To Track At Item-Level
AMR Research says several major European apparel and footwear retailers are planning implementations for next year.
- Partners to Track Airline Carts
eLSG.SkyChefs and Scanpak offer the airline catering industry a way to track food carts anywhere in the world.
- Startup Gears Up Marketing Effort
Matrics has introduced a line of RFID tags, readers and software and launched a program to line up system integrators.
- RFID Offers Benefits Today
A new report from Forrester, a technology research firm, says RFID already offers significant supply chain savings.
- Savi Teams With Greybox Logistics
The alliance with a subsidiary of Transamerica Leasing gives Savi access to a potentially lucrative market.
- Unilever Tracks Lynx with RFID
The company will monitor 30,000 six-packs of deodorant as they move from a manufacturing plant to three Safeway stores.
- Arnlea Buys Industrial RFID Line
The acquisition of Indala's unit strengthens the Scottish company's position in oil, natural gas and other markets.