- Roaming Agreement Brings Global NB-IoT Functionality to Tags and Sensors
AT&T and Vodafone have entered into an arrangement by which a SIM card used with a consumer product, meter or label could be used to transmit data via low-power wide-area networks, whether in the United States or in parts of Europe.
- IoT Driving Entertainment Experiences at Theme Parks, Malls
ITEC Entertainment is providing personalized experiences, guest flow data and equipment maintenance, all with data collected from IoT-based sensors.
- Ocean Floor Data Transmitted With Help from Lobsters
Research company Gloucester Innovation and the Massachusetts Lobstermen Association are building a network to track the health and conditions of the sea bed, using Sigfox LPWAN transmissions to capture data from sensors mounted in lobster traps.
- Active RFID Tracks Conditions for Exhibits Worldwide
Fortecho Solutions' 433 MHz-based technology ensures the best conditions for artwork at five of the largest art institutes in the world, as well as mobile and private collections, leveraging RFID transmission technology from Wavetrend.
- IoT Data Management Targets Food Safety at Processing Plants
Somax offers a maintenance-management system for Internet of Things data that links to a sanitation department and offers prescriptive maintenance, follow-up sanitizing and quality control to help prevent contaminations.
- European Care Homes Track Patient Rolling in Beds
An IoT-based solution from digitalAngel, using Nalta software and Dell Boomi connectivity, allows facilities such as Carehome Zorgspectrum to identify which patients need to be rolled over, in order to prevent bed sores.
- Irrigation for Corn, Rice and Other Crops Managed via IoT
Cellurar networks hosted by AT&T enables PrecisionKing's solution for managing alternate wetting and drying methods on rice fields, as well as technology from WaterBit, to track soil moisture levels in a variety of crops.
- IoT Technology Addresses Climate Change, Environmental Conditions in Lebanon
The private community of BeitMisk is using an air-quality sensor-based solution, while wine company Château Kefraya Viticulture Precision is tracking the conditions around its grapes in order to ensure healthy crops.
- European Study Finds Growing RFID Market in German Automotive Industry
Research Solutions surveyed 95 RFID technology providers for the German market and found that companies that already have a foothold with automotive original equipment manufacturers own the majority of RFID products and solutions.
- RFID Predicts Eruptions for Nicaraguan Volcano
The system, using Libelium wireless sensors and GE software, operated for just a few weeks, but provided exploration company Qwake with cloud-based data regarding conditions inside the Masaya volcano's active crater.
- Solutions for Automotive, Health Care and Retail
The Sensor Tadpole tag helps automobile manufacturers ensure that their vehicles are watertight; VueTrack-UDI enables medical device manufacturers to comply with the FDA's identification mandate and achieve internal benefits; Clarity 3.X software lets retailers manage enterprisewide inventory processes more effectively.
- Passive UHF RFID Sensor Tags Go Where No Sensors Have Gone Before
Now it's easy and economical for companies to monitor the condition of their assets, products, buildings and machinery in any environment.
- RFID Journal LIVE! Europe—UK Report
At RFID Journal's first event in London, presenters explained how businesses can employ radio frequency identification technologies for a variety of applications in retail, manufacturing, supply chain and marketing. View the presentations from the event.
- RFID Journal LIVE! Europe—Scandinavia Report
This year, RFID Journal expanded its European conference and exhibition to two countries, beginning with Norway. View the presentations from the first event.
- Europe Is Rolling Out RFID
In the midst of a financial crisis, many companies in myriad industries are investing in the technology to boost profits.