- IoT System Reduces Fish Death Rate at Iran Farm
When the proof-of-concept at Mahdasht Milk and Meat Complex finished earlier this year, the solution, provided by Afarinesh Samaneh Mehr Engineering Co. and using Libelium technology, was found to save labor time, reduce fish deaths and increase productivity.
- NFC- and Sensor-Based Solution Brings Intelligence to Cattle Feed, Forage
Orkel is preparing pilots of its new FeedIQ system that analyzes the quality of bulk material as it compacts and bales that material, then stores the data with NFC tag IDs so that users can access that information as they sell, purchase or use the bales.
- New York Builder Brings Safety With Visibility via RFID
An active RFID system, provided by Triax Technologies, enables Lettire Construction Corp. to track the locations of 140 workers on its site at any given time, to ensure that they are authorized to be there, are not in harm's way and are working where they should be.
- RFID Provides Tissue-Tracking Gains for Hospitals
St. Dominic's, in Jackson, Miss., and North Kansas City Hospital are both using an RFID-enabled tissue- and implant-tracking system that includes TrackCore software to manage each item's location and status, as well as Terso RFID-enabled cabinets and coolers.
- RFID Helps Secure Dignity for Senior Community Residents
McLoughlin Place uses BriefWise to non-intrusively check the incontinent for wetness.
- Cruise Ship Fights Fire With RFID
The Ruby Princess keeps crew safe with a personnel-tracking system.
- Solving NASA's Water Problem
RFID temperature sensors could make the International Space Station's Urine Processor Assembly more efficient, potentially saving millions of dollars annually.
- Brazilian Coffee Coop Brews Up a Hearty ROI
Copacafe deployed a passive RFID warehouse-management solution to improve efficiencies and lower costs.
- RFID Helps Understaffed Hospital Focus on Patients
At Pantai Hospital Ipoh, in Malaysia, RFID automates routine tasks, giving nurses time to provide quality patient care.
- Canadian Beef Processor Deploys RFID for Food Safety
Levinoff-Colbex instituted a monitoring system to quickly identify and track any animal products from potentially contaminated or diseased animals.
- NASA Creates Thinking RF Sensors
Low-cost wireless sensor networks developed by NASA can detect environmental changes and take action in response to what they detect. Now RFID is set to make them even more effective.