- RFID Brings Material Handling, Self-checkout and Shelving Counts to Library
Woburn Public Library renovated its space to include self-checkout stations, 11 staff stations and an automated materials-handling system to get books and other items back on shelves faster, and to locate those mis-shelved, with less rote labor.
- Hospital Builds Intelligence One RTLS Step at a Time
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland has deployed a real-time location system that tracks the locations of staff members, patients and assets, while wayfinding will be the latest option to help visitors and patients locate their desired destination.
- Campus-wide RFID System Tracks Books and Assets, Manages Access Control
Saint Louis University, in the Philippines, has deployed a solution from Image Innovations Services using PTS's ClearStream middleware and a variety of fixed and handheld readers.
- RFID Enables Hands-Free Transit Entrance for Vancouver Disabled
Hyperlight Systems designed the solution for the TransLink SkyTrain to leverage UHF RFD tag reads that would mimic the tapping of a fare card against an automated access gate.
- Police Track Children During Holy Hindu Pilgrimage
The two-month event, which attracts up to 50 million pilgrims, can lead to children being lost, so police are using an RFID-based solution from Vodafone India to help them—and guardians—keep track of young people.
- Italian Quartz Mine Ensures Worker Safety via BLE
The solution, from BluEpyc, tracks the movements of beacon-carrying workers onto and off of the quarry site, to ensure they never enter the vicinity of scheduled explosions or remain at the site after hours.
- New York Builder Brings Safety With Visibility via RFID
An active RFID system, provided by Triax Technologies, enables Lettire Construction Corp. to track the locations of 140 workers on its site at any given time, to ensure that they are authorized to be there, are not in harm's way and are working where they should be.
- Toronto Hotel Boosts Functionality and Security With RFID
ASSA ABLOY Hospitality's RFID-enabled access-management system has enabled hotels, including the InterContinental Toronto Centre hotel, to manage who accesses which areas and when, and to allow guests to use a single card for room entry, services and payments.
- Ticketing Company Keeps Festival Attendees Moving With RFID
Front Gate Tickets has deployed Barcoding Inc.'s HF RFID Lids at 15 festivals since last June, and has 60 more festivals scheduled for the system this year.
- RFID Helps Vacuum Up Waste at Pneumatic Disposal Sites
Finnish technology company MariMatic Oy is providing companies and municipalities with an underground waste and recycling system that uses RFID to allow access to authorized users only, and to store data about who used each receptacle.
- Hospital Updates Its Infant-Security System
Conway Regional Health System adopted TotGuard to prevent abductions.
- Rebecca Minkoff Brings Self-Service to Its SoHo Store With RFID
The fashion retailer is using technology from QueueHop to allow shoppers to select and pay for an item, then unlock its security hard tag based on RFID reads of that tag.
- Fort Lauderdale Tracks Building Permits
The city monitors the flow of documents, saving time and improving customer service.
- Maine Schools Adopt Affordable Emergency-Alert Solution
A beacon-based system provides real-time location information at the press of a smartphone's button.
- Copper Cable Provider Improves Inventory Management and Security
Progistix deployed an active RFID real-time location system (RTLS) to track large reels at its 400,000-square-foot yard.