- Kyrgyzstan Resort Brings Service to the Beach With RFID
RTL Service devices with wireless communication to access points at Hotel Resort Caprice enable guests to order services, or to locate party members, while workers can use the system to find visitors before attempting to deliver food or service.
- Motorola Solutions Expands Global Services
As part of a broader effort to grow its services business, the company will act as a systems integrator for certain RFID deployments.
- Texas Jewelry Retailer Scores With RFID
Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange (DGSE) is using EPC Gen 2 tags to improve the management of its inventory of jewelry, diamonds, watches, rare coins and other products.
- Fashion Tracked by French Logistics Company
SeD Logistiques employs a UHF solution from Tagsys known at FiTS to automate the receiving, packing and shipping of fashion apparel at its Paris warehouse.
- TempTrip Wants to Make Temperature-Tracking as Easy as Netflix
With its Web-based software and returnable tags, the company hopes to make its cold-chain temperature-tracking services as simple as renting movies.
- ATI Partners to Deliver Passive RFID Sensor
American Thermal Instruments has licensed innovative technology that would prevent a tag from transmitting its signal unless the ambient temperature exceeded a preset threshold.
- RFID Journal Launches Brazilian Web Site
The Portuguese-language site, supported by HP's RFID Center of Excellence, will feature RFID news and case studies focused on the fast-growing Brazilian market.
- RFID Executive Education for Business Professionals
The University of Arkansas has launched a comprehensive four-day program focused on the business value of RFID technology for retailers and their suppliers.
- Checkpoint Systems Offers RFID Security for Retail Stores
The company's RFID Overhead EAS Solution includes a reader that mounts on a ceiling above an exit, as well as software to send alerts and link read data to a store's back-end inventory records.
- GS 1 Mexico Opens Knowledge Center
RFID Journal had an opportunity to tour the new facility, which provides Mexican companies with a resource for learning how to use GS1 standards.
- NFC System to Aid Diners
Canadian startup CustomerIn Systems has developed a solution enabling patrons to interact with a restaurant using an NFC-enabled phone, and also plans to launch a Web site in July to help developers create similar solutions.
- Home-Shopping Theme Park to Employ RFID
At MainStreet America, visitors will be able to peruse completely furnished homes, and use RFID-enabled tablet PCs to learn more about thousands of items within and around those buildings.
- Korean Warehouses Deploy RFID-Enhanced Pick-to-Light System
CJ GLS says its order-fulfillment system is reducing errors, boosting efficiency and cutting costs at the facilities of four Korean companies.
- Kayser-Roth Takes First Steps Toward RFID Usage
The hosiery company is applying EPC tags to socks sent to one specific retailer, and has also added tag-testing to its product-quality auditing processes, with plans to use RFID in other ways as well.
- Blue Bite Launches NFC Solution for Providing Content to Cell Phones
The company is deploying NFC stickers at shops, clubs and other places of business, enabling mobile handset users to receive information and promotional offers, in partnership with digital-media firm RMG Networks.