- Blue Bite Launches NFC Solution for Providing Content to Cell Phones
The company is deploying NFC stickers at shops, clubs and other places of business, enabling mobile handset users to receive information and promotional offers, in partnership with digital-media firm RMG Networks.
- RFID Sensors Track Sleep Patterns
With iMPak Health's SleepTrak system, consumers can don an RFID tag on their arm at bedtime, and built-in motion sensors will then track the quality of their sleep.
- American Apparel Adding 50 More Stores in Aggressive RFID Rollout
The retailer states that RFID has helped it reduce shrinkage, improve stock levels and decrease employee turnover, and that RFID-enabled stores are outperforming those not using the technology.
- Identec Group Adopts New Growth Strategy to Go With Its New Name
The owner of Identec Solutions and eight other RFID software, hardware and technology firms expects to gain synergies from its various divisions, and hopes to acquire additional companies around the globe.
- RFID Journal Announces Winners of Its Fifth Annual Awards
Gerry Weber International, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Mission Foods, Argonne National Laboratory, Intelleflex and Impinj's Chris Diorio have earned this year's awards, reflecting a variety of uses and achievements.
- Alien Technology Announces New IC, Handheld Readers and Inlays
Peter Green, the company's new CEO, says his aim is to launch Alien's products and services that cater to specific vertical applications.
- NXP to Unveil New UHF, HF Chips
The new models include the Ucode I2C, a high-memory EPC chip that can be embedded into computers and other devices in order to activate features or diagnose errors, and the Icode ILT, a high-frequency IC designed for high-volume, fast tag reading.
- European Commission Issues Framework for Measuring and Mitigating RFID's Privacy Impact
GS1 expects the voluntary guidelines will increase consumer trust in the technology, thereby advancing the adoption of RFID in Europe.
- Tego Introduces Radiation-Resistant EPC Tag
The Radion, capable of withstanding high levels of X-ray and gamma radiation, will be available in a variety of form factors, for use in the health-care, food, aerospace and defense industries.
- Tagsys Offers End-to-End Solution for Apparel Industry
The company's Fashion Item Tracking System (FiTS) is a fully integrated solution for retailers and garment suppliers, including hardware, software and maintenance services.
- Monroe Americana Tracks Reusable Containers
The Argentinean drug wholesaler is using passive EPC Gen 2 RFID tags to identify and count any reusable plastic containers that are returned, as well as the customer that returned them.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2011 to Feature Pavilion of French RFID Companies
The new pavilion will feature some of France's leading RFID technology providers.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2011 to Feature Live, End-to-End Apparel Supply Chain Demo
GS1 US and leading technology providers will show, in the event's exhibit hall, individual apparel items being tagged at the source and tracked through a distribution center and a retail store to the point of sale.
- Tageos Makes RFID Inlays on Paper, Eliminating Plastic Substrate
The company's passive RFID labels will be 10 to 30 percent cheaper than traditional ones, and more sustainable, Tageos says, due to a manufacturing process that creates an RFID inlay directly on the label itself.
- Avery Dennison Opens European Customer Design and Innovation Center
The company views the new center, located in the heart of Germany's industrial belt, as a key part of its efforts to promote the use of RFID tags attached to apparel.