- RFID for Smart Markets and Self-Checkout Gains Traction
Nordic ID and Avery Dennison are offering RFID technology that is more effective, flexible and low-cost than RFID systems of the past, enabling retailers to begin installing systems that will enable customers to make purchases and access product content without the need for sales personnel.
- IoT Driving Entertainment Experiences at Theme Parks, Malls
ITEC Entertainment is providing personalized experiences, guest flow data and equipment maintenance, all with data collected from IoT-based sensors.
- RFID Detects Food Safety With Innovation from MIT Media Lab Research
Companies are preparing to test the system to enable the detection of contaminants in food, such as melamine in baby food or methanol in liquor, with off-the-shelf UHF tags and a modified RFID reader.
- RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2018 Report
View the presentations from RFID Journal's 14th annual conference and exhibition for the European market, held this month in London.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2018 Report, Part 2
RFID Journal's 16th annual conference and exhibition was held last month. View the presentations from the event's main-conference sessions and the RFID Journal Awards.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2018 Report, Part 1
Last month, RFID Journal held its 16th annual conference and exhibition. View the presentations from the event's keynotes, general sessions and preconference seminars.
- IoT Data Management Targets Food Safety at Processing Plants
Somax offers a maintenance-management system for Internet of Things data that links to a sanitation department and offers prescriptive maintenance, follow-up sanitizing and quality control to help prevent contaminations.
- Sportswear Retailers Gain Home Run With RFID
Stadium AB and Lids, both using a UHF RFID-based solution from SML, report on how the technology boosted inventory accuracy under the highly diverse, high-pressure environment of sportswear and sporting goods sales.
- RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2017 Report
View the presentations from RFID Journal's 13th annual conference and exhibition for the European market, held this month in London.
- RFID in Retail and Apparel 2017 Report
View the presentations from RFID Journal's conference and exhibition for the apparel and retail sectors, held last month in New York City.
- Why Standardization Is Fundamental for the IoT in Brazil
Government officials, business leaders and experts are unanimous in upholding the maintenance of international standards as a factor of competitiveness.
- New Generation of Mobile IoT Is Changing Consumer Experiences
Startups with solutions that employ Bluetooth Low Energy, Eddystone and traditional Bluetooth will help consumers find their personal property, view product content without an app at stores, and share music from a phone with multiple speakers or devices.
- RFID Trends: What's Ahead in 2017, Part 3
Technology providers predict advances in reader technology and management for the retail market and beyond.
- Tagging Retail Items at the Source
Retailers and suppliers are working together to achieve supply chain and internal benefits.
- RFID Trends: What's Ahead in 2017, Part 1
Leading solution providers speak out on the business and technology issues that will impact adoption in the near future.