- RFID and Blockchain Bring Shared Visibility to Supply Chain
A year-long proof-of-concept, held by Auburn University's RFID Lab with global brands and retailers, finds that data can be shared on an immutable ledger, enabling the deployment of supply chain tracking with EPC UHF RFID.
- RFID Tracks Jewelry Inventory, Shopping With Smart Tray
Hong Kong jewelry brand Chow Tai Fook is employing an RFID-enabled tray from Converge Retail as part of a holistic solution to bring visibility and automation to the manufacture, supply chain and inventory management of its products.
- RFID Industry Predicts Growth, Diversification
Technology companies have spent the past year expanding RFID use in apparel and other retail deployments, while health care, manufacturing, aviation and other sectors are expected to follow that trend.
- Intelligent Packaging: On the Rise at Large Companies
Abbott, Carrefour, Coca-Cola, Nestlé and other firms sought recycling, authenticity and customer-experience solutions at AIPIA World Congress 2019.
- RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2019 Report
Last month, RFID Journal held its annual conference and exhibition for the European RFID industry. View the presentations from the conference.
- Chicken Company Hatches RFID-based Track-and-Trace Solution
Senecal has been tracking each batch of chickens processed at its Normandy facility, linking RFID data to 2D barcodes on meat packaging so stores and consumers can view data regarding each product and its origins; eventually, the chickens' lives will be monitored via barcodes.
- RFID to Cut Food Waste in the Supply Chain
Ocean Mist and Costco are among the companies using a battery-assisted passive RFID-based Internet of Things solution from Zest Labs to automatically collect the time and location of goods.
- Smart Packaging Plays a Key Role for Brands and as a Marketing Tool
At a recent AIPIA Summit, speakers explained how investing can help companies to regain manufacturing power, and why labels and boxes can serve as powerful media for businesses and thus enhance customer relationships.
- Promise Lies in BOPIS for Retailers With RFID
The president of IHL Services describes the advantages of using a 'buy online, pick up in store' model, with RFID and related technologies, to ensure inventory visibility.
- RFID Journal LIVE! Retail 2019 Report
RFID Journal recently held its conference and exhibition for the retail sector as part of Chicago's RetailX event. View the presentations from the conference.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2019 Report, Part 2
RFID Journal recently held its 17th annual conference and exhibition. View the presentations from the event's main conference sessions and the RFID Journal Awards.
- RFID for Smart Markets and Self-Checkout Gains Traction
Nordic ID and Avery Dennison are offering RFID technology that is more effective, flexible and low-cost than RFID systems of the past, enabling retailers to begin installing systems that will enable customers to make purchases and access product content without the need for sales personnel.
- IoT Driving Entertainment Experiences at Theme Parks, Malls
ITEC Entertainment is providing personalized experiences, guest flow data and equipment maintenance, all with data collected from IoT-based sensors.
- RFID Detects Food Safety With Innovation from MIT Media Lab Research
Companies are preparing to test the system to enable the detection of contaminants in food, such as melamine in baby food or methanol in liquor, with off-the-shelf UHF tags and a modified RFID reader.
- RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2018 Report
View the presentations from RFID Journal's 14th annual conference and exhibition for the European market, held this month in London.