- What I Look Forward to at RFID Journal LIVE! Retail
There will be some great case studies by retailers and brand owners that are already achieving significant benefits with radio frequency identification.
- What You Don't Know About Your Physical Assets
Baseball teams know pretty much everything about every player and what happens on the field of play, but companies know next to nothing about what happens in their facilities.
- BOPIS May Drive RFID Adoption in Retail
"Buy online, pick up in store" is becoming increasingly popular around the world, but it's placing greater demands on retailers to have accurate, near-real-time data.
- Networking at LIVE! Is an Additional Benefit
Retailers at a luncheon hosted by GS1 and the Auburn University RFID Lab seemed to truly value being able to connect with others with whom they don't compete.
- Thoughts on RFID Journal LIVE! 2019
The conference and exhibition, which reflects the state of the RFID industry, shows that there is a lot of growth—and some challenges ahead.
- Observations from NRF's Big Show 2019, Part II
RFID companies showed off some impressive solutions, rather than just products.
- Observations from NRF's Big Show 2019, Part I
At this year's event, everyone was selling artificial intelligence solutions—or maybe just artificial artificial intelligence solutions.
- The State of Omnichannel Retailing
The concept of buying via any channel is catching on, but challenges will expand as more shoppers buy items online and pick them up in-store, or buy those goods in-store and have them shipped to their home or another store location.
- Forbes Says It's Time for RFID in Retail
The business publication says the fact that customers want products delivered at any time and to any location means retailers need to use radio frequency identification.
- Europe Leads the Way for RFID
European retailers, manufacturers and other companies have embraced radio frequency identification, and the vast productivity improvements that the technology brings, at a faster pace than businesses in any other region.
- 100 Million Reasons Why Retailers Should Use RFID
Within only a single week, employees at 2,300 stores counted more than 100 million items using SML's Clarity software.
- The Cost of a Recall
Few companies factor into their ROI calculations what RFID could save them during a recall. Perhaps they should.
- RFID Needs to Be Part of the Building
Radio frequency identification has been advancing in leaps and bounds for the past few years, except when it comes to becoming part of a company's physical infrastructure.
- Apple Unshackles the iPhone's NFC Reader
The new XS, XS Max and XR models support the reading of Near Field Communication tags without users having to first open an application.
- For Some Retailers, the Strategy Is Clear—But Can They Execute?
Making shopping in stores as easy as shopping online sounds great, but delivering the experience to customers is a lot more difficult than journalists may think.