- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: Best RFID Implementation—Gerry Weber's Pain-Free RFID Revolution
The clothing designer and retailer tracks garments from manufacturing sites to warehouses and retail stores, to improve inventory management and deter theft.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: Best Use of RFID to Enhance a Product or Service—RFID Delivers a Royal Payback
Royal Caribbean is installing self-service soft drink machines on its entire fleet of 22 cruise ships, keeping guests happy and generating explosive profits.
- A Diamond Ping
Steinmetz Diamond Group uses RFID to track, manage and secure tiny, highly valuable gemstones.
- Hotel Employs RFID to Woo Guests
Starwood Hotels and Resorts offers an automatic check-in program, designed to appeal to tech-savvy travelers.
- Fishy Business: RFID Automates Seafood Outlets
Sweden's Laxbutiken takes dining self-service to a new level at its LAXoMAT food stores.
- Creating a Unique Retail Experience
Common People blends chic ambiance, an eclectic mix of art and fashion, and RFID technology to wow consumers.
- RFID Warehouse Solution Delivers ROI Within Months
Mission Foods is tracking reusable plastic trays at the food supplier's Texas warehouse to reduce loss, and plans to roll out the RFID system to its 33 other U.S. facilities.
- 2010 RFID Journal Award: RFID Helps Ensure That Special Cup of Joe
Almacafe, the warehousing subsidiary of the National Federation of Coffee Growers of Colombia, tracks specialty coffee beans to better compete in the global market.
- Canadian Beef Processor Deploys RFID for Food Safety
Levinoff-Colbex instituted a monitoring system to quickly identify and track any animal products from potentially contaminated or diseased animals.
- Benefits Up and Down the Ski Slope
Vail Resorts' RFID ski lift pass program enhances the customer experience while improving business operations.
- RFID Helps German Publisher Put Focus on Ads
A forward-looking magazine employs an emerging technology to prove that an old medium isn't dead.
- An RFID Fashion Statement
Switzerland's Charles Voegele Group discovers that fashions tracked and managed via RFID are always in style.
- 10 Presentations From RFID Journal LIVE! 2009
Speakers at the conference offered numerous case studies on monitoring assets, inventories, items, temperatures and more.
- Retail/CPG Track
Retail and consumer packaged goods companies have been among the early adopters of RFID technologies, both internally and within their shared supply chains. Many are already seeing benefits, and came to LIVE! prepared to share their insights about those benefits and the implementation issues they needed to address before achieving them.
- Swiss Retailer Tracks Items From Production to Point of Sale
Charles Vogele Group, a European fashion retail chain and 2009 RFID Journal Award winner for Best RFID Implementation, has deployed an end-to-end item-level supply chain tracking solutions. In this PowerPoint presentation with audio, Thomas Beckmann, head of supply chain for Charles Vögele Group, explains why the company deployed the technology, how the data captured is being used and the benefits the retailer is achieving.