- Anheuser-Busch Brews Up RFID Keg-Tracking Pilot
A UHF RFID system from Velociti, utilizing technology from TrackX Holdings, will track 5,000 beer kegs at the company's Huston plant as they are tested, filled, shipped and received back from customers.
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. Achieves 10 Percent Sales Boost With IoT-Based Coolers
The beverage company is deploying BLE, cellular and camera-based Internet of Things technologies from Atos to detect temperatures within 300,000 coolers, as well as track stock levels and how often consumers open cooler doors, and provide location-based data to app-using shoppers.
- Sporting Goods Retailer Boosts E-Commerce Efficiency
An RFID solution from Lyngsoe Systems and Consignor enables XXL to automatically detect if an e-commerce "pick up at store" order parcel is being shipped to the wrong location, thereby preventing errors before they can happen; the system can identify when goods reach a store, then send a text message or email to the consumer.
- Superdry Rolls Out RFID Across Some U.K., All U.S. Stores
Following a three-month pilot of RFID technology for inventory management at five of its stores, the British fashion brand found that revenue was up due to improved inventory accuracy and product availability for customers.
- Scalpers Deploys RFID Across 150 Stores
The company is rolling out a solution from Nedap by first bringing nine "champion" stores live, then using those stores for training and rollout of the entire chain across Europe and globally.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2018 Report, Part 2
RFID Journal's 16th annual conference and exhibition was held last month. View the presentations from the event's main-conference sessions and the RFID Journal Awards.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2018 Report, Part 1
Last month, RFID Journal held its 16th annual conference and exhibition. View the presentations from the event's keynotes, general sessions and preconference seminars.
- Understanding Beer Drinkers, One RFID-Enabled Pour at a Time
Pacific PourHouse is among the most recent companies to launch an RFID-based self-serve beer wall that not only has put beer pouring in the hands of customers, but also feeds intelligence about drinking habits to management, helping them stock the most popular beverages.
- Rebecca Minkoff Extends Its RFID System Beyond the Store
By adding a QR code to each of its luxury bags, the New York fashion retailer is enabling shoppers to access content after they make a purchase, as part of the Digital Emotional Intelligence offering from Avery Dennison RBIS and EVRYTHNG.
- Tigrara, Elza Romero Stores Inventory 4,000 Items Within Two Hours
The two companies have adopted an RFID solution to gain visibility into the circulation of their products from factories to the point of sale to consumers.
- RFID Lets Customers Self-Serve Craft Beers
Canadian bar and restaurant Barney's Pub & Grill is selling beer by the glass or by the ounce, via a self-serve beer wall using HF RFID technology from PourMyBeer.
- Erste Group Banks on RFID
The Austrian financial services provider has introduced a smart wristband and sticker for mobile payments.
- Rebecca Minkoff Brings Self-Service to Its SoHo Store With RFID
The fashion retailer is using technology from QueueHop to allow shoppers to select and pay for an item, then unlock its security hard tag based on RFID reads of that tag.
- Fort Lauderdale Tracks Building Permits
The city monitors the flow of documents, saving time and improving customer service.
- Buying Shoes in 20 Seconds
A Brazilian company has developed a solution to simplify the checkout process for retail footwear, and has tested customers' experience with RFID technology at a laboratory store.