What Is the FCC Symbol Equivalent in Japan and Hong Kong?

By RFID Journal

  • TAGS
Ask The ExpertsWhat Is the FCC Symbol Equivalent in Japan and Hong Kong?
RFID Journal Staff asked 5 years ago

Are their analogous certifications in those countries for the use of RFID devices?




The Office of the Telecommunications Authority (OFTA) of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region issues regulations related to the use of radio devices in Hong Kong. In Japan, the Radio Policy Division of the Radio Department of the Telecommunications Bureau within the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications makes such regulations. These bodies are similar to the United States’ Federal Communications Commission (FCC), in that they require certification of equipment to ensure that they comply with the appropriate regulations related to power output and frequency used.

—Mark Roberti, Founder and Editor, RFID Journal

Login and post your comment!

Register Now

Not a member?
Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!

Previous Post