Can you please recommend some titles I might track down?
I'm afraid I am unaware of any books specifically written about the use of RFID in the livestock industry. There are, however, a lot of articles about RFID's use in this sector that you can read on this website. Here are some stories that we have published on the topic:
• RFID Brings Intelligence and Treatment to Livestock Production
• USDA Embarks on 18-Month UHF RFID Pilot for Tracking Cattle
• USDA Researchers Develop System to Track Livestock Feeding Behavior Unobtrusively
• Riding Herd: RFID Tracks Livestock
• New Zealand Study Finds UHF Superior for Livestock Tracking
• Wisconsin Ups RFID-Adoption Incentives for Cattle Growers
• TekVet-IBM Cattle Tracker Uses Active RFID Tags, Satellite Communication
• ZigBeef Offers Ranchers a Long-Distance Cattle Head Count
• Manure-Processing Equipment Maker Employs NFC
I hope the above stories prove helpful.
—Mark Roberti, Founder and Editor, RFID Journal
Previous Post How Can I Access the Security Bit on a Passive UHF RFID Tag? »