- RFID Enables Hands-Free Transit Entrance for Vancouver Disabled
Hyperlight Systems designed the solution for the TransLink SkyTrain to leverage UHF RFD tag reads that would mimic the tapping of a fare card against an automated access gate.
- Toronto Hotel Boosts Functionality and Security With RFID
ASSA ABLOY Hospitality's RFID-enabled access-management system has enabled hotels, including the InterContinental Toronto Centre hotel, to manage who accesses which areas and when, and to allow guests to use a single card for room entry, services and payments.
- Erste Group Banks on RFID
The Austrian financial services provider has introduced a smart wristband and sticker for mobile payments.
- RFID Makes We Day's Day
NFC bracelets increase attendee engagement at youth-empowerment festivals.
- Argentine Winery Harvests Crops With RFID
Bodega Norton uncorks a tracking and payment solution to improve productivity.
- Hotel Employs RFID to Woo Guests
Starwood Hotels and Resorts offers an automatic check-in program, designed to appeal to tech-savvy travelers.
- Fishy Business: RFID Automates Seafood Outlets
Sweden's Laxbutiken takes dining self-service to a new level at its LAXoMAT food stores.
- Benefits Up and Down the Ski Slope
Vail Resorts' RFID ski lift pass program enhances the customer experience while improving business operations.
- RFID Goes to College
Turkey's Sabanci University employs RFID technology to improve services for the students, faculty and administrative staff on its Istanbul campus.
- RFID Transforms Michigan Vending Company
Sterling Services operates self-service convenience stores that replace on-site cafeterias, saving businesses money and satisfying customers.
- The Queens Library System Grows With RFID
Millions of tagged books, DVDs and CDs speed checkout times, boost visits and add value to the community.
- Dolphin Stadium Kicks Off a Technology Revolution
RFID—with its current and potential service and security applications—could help the facility become "the stadium of America."
- Texas Lab Stocks Up With RFID
At the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, researchers find that radio frequency identification gets them the supplies they need, 24-7.
- Tracking Skiers for a Good Cause
The White Pass ski resort raised more than $50,000 for the American Cancer Society by tracking how many vertical feet skiers and snowboarders traveled. The system could be used as a loyalty program.