- Love's Tries RFID for Automating Fuel Payments
The retailer is testing a passive UHF solution from QuikQ enabling truck drivers to fuel up more efficiently, while also ensuring against fuel fraud.
- Florida's Celebration Health Hospital Measures Efficiency
The medical facility is using an AeroScout Wi-Fi system to track nurses' movements within its new tower, and to determine ways in which their jobs could be made more efficient.
- RFID Tracks Recycling Progress in Charleston County
By installing Sonrai Systems' UHF RFID system on its new single-stream recycling carts, as well as on its trucks, the county can now measure the growth of recycling.
- London History Museum Adopts Technology of Future
Museum of London has installed NFC RFID tags in its two locations, to provide the growing number of NFC-enabled phone users with additional exhibit information, access to social Web sites and vouchers.
- Medical Marijuana Companies Use EPC Tags to Keep Things Straight
Denver-based LeafTrack is providing its RFID-based tracking system to help producers meet state requirements, track the condition of each plant, and receive alerts if any plant's health is in decline.
- Second Annual RFID Journal LIVE! Latin America Event to be Held in Mexico City
The conference will highlight how companies across the region are using RFID technology to improve their operations and bottom line.
- Oncology Clinic Gains Efficiency, Safety With RFID
The UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is using EPC Gen 2 tags to track the amount of time that each patient awaits radiation treatment, and to verify that the correct equipment is being employed.
- John Deere Planter Factory Gains Efficiency
AeroScout Wi-Fi RFID tags allow the equipment manufacturer's kitting staff to boost material replenishment speed, and assembly workers to prepare for specific equipment as it approaches their assembly stations.
- Kyrgyzstan Resort Brings Service to the Beach With RFID
RTL Service devices with wireless communication to access points at Hotel Resort Caprice enable guests to order services, or to locate party members, while workers can use the system to find visitors before attempting to deliver food or service.
- NIQ Health Adds RTLS to Its Nurse-Call Platform
A partnership between Next Intelligence Corp. and CenTrak enables distributors of NIQ's CarePlus system to sell RTLS technology as an add-on function to track the locations of staff members and patients.
- Finnish Railroad Streamlines Operations
VR Group is using EPC Gen 2 RFID technology to track 10,000 freight wagons, locomotives and passenger cars, helping the company to manage rail cars and work processes within its rail yards.
- V. M. Salgaocar & Bro. Mines Automation From NFC-based Process
The Indian mining company has deployed a Near-Field Communication system to simplify the tracking of trucks from its iron mines to weigh stations, and through its processing plant.
- RFID Gathers Evidence for a Lawsuit
In a dispute involving fair-labor laws, an RFID system involving EPC Gen 2 tags and readers was temporarily set up within a factory to document how long workers remained on-site.
- GS 1 Mexico Opens Knowledge Center
RFID Journal had an opportunity to tour the new facility, which provides Mexican companies with a resource for learning how to use GS1 standards.
- RFID Tracks Clean-Room Laundry for High-Tech Companies
MSR-FSR is using an RFID system to record data regarding when, where and how clean-room garments are washed, dried and repaired.