- Kimberly-Clark Expedites Logistics at Colombian Plant
The consumer goods manufacturer is using a solution that includes EPC tags and readers to track the arrival, loading and departure of trucks transporting the company's goods throughout Colombia.
- Grunnarbeid Begins Full-scale Rollout of Tool-Tracking System
After testing the use of EPC Gen 2 passive RFID tags to track tools as they enter and leave containers and vehicles, the central Norwegian construction company is installing the solution across its entire operations.
- RFID Will Keep Things Moving on Stage
Technology from iTrack and Time Domain will enable a theater operator to track a 60-foot ship and other properties, to ensure that no prop moves off course or collides with other objects.
- SmartRoom Brings Information to Patients, Caregivers
The company's solution, currently being deployed by Connecticut's Stamford Hospital, uses real-time location system technology to display patient- and personnel-related data on a monitor installed within each patient's room, based on a signal transmitted by a staff member's ID badge.
- Cargobox Takes RFID on a Test Flight
A project carried out with funding from a Netherlands government advisory board demonstrated whether the firm's RFID-enabled containers could provide greater security and visibility during air travel.
- Australian Coal Mine Tests RFID's Ability to Prevent Collisions
The recently piloted solution—designed by CSC Australia, and installed by Becker Mining Systems at BHP Billiton's Dendrobium mine, in New South Wales—can also be used to improve productivity.
- Love's Tries RFID for Automating Fuel Payments
The retailer is testing a passive UHF solution from QuikQ enabling truck drivers to fuel up more efficiently, while also ensuring against fuel fraud.
- Florida's Celebration Health Hospital Measures Efficiency
The medical facility is using an AeroScout Wi-Fi system to track nurses' movements within its new tower, and to determine ways in which their jobs could be made more efficient.
- RFID Tracks Recycling Progress in Charleston County
By installing Sonrai Systems' UHF RFID system on its new single-stream recycling carts, as well as on its trucks, the county can now measure the growth of recycling.
- London History Museum Adopts Technology of Future
Museum of London has installed NFC RFID tags in its two locations, to provide the growing number of NFC-enabled phone users with additional exhibit information, access to social Web sites and vouchers.
- Medical Marijuana Companies Use EPC Tags to Keep Things Straight
Denver-based LeafTrack is providing its RFID-based tracking system to help producers meet state requirements, track the condition of each plant, and receive alerts if any plant's health is in decline.
- Second Annual RFID Journal LIVE! Latin America Event to be Held in Mexico City
The conference will highlight how companies across the region are using RFID technology to improve their operations and bottom line.
- Oncology Clinic Gains Efficiency, Safety With RFID
The UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is using EPC Gen 2 tags to track the amount of time that each patient awaits radiation treatment, and to verify that the correct equipment is being employed.
- John Deere Planter Factory Gains Efficiency
AeroScout Wi-Fi RFID tags allow the equipment manufacturer's kitting staff to boost material replenishment speed, and assembly workers to prepare for specific equipment as it approaches their assembly stations.
- Kyrgyzstan Resort Brings Service to the Beach With RFID
RTL Service devices with wireless communication to access points at Hotel Resort Caprice enable guests to order services, or to locate party members, while workers can use the system to find visitors before attempting to deliver food or service.