- Tech Companies Hate the Physical World
Google, Apple, Microsoft and other technology giants are not getting behind RFID. Perhaps the reason is that the real world is just too messy.
- RFID Data Equals Business Intelligence
Delta Air Lines finds that information provided by RFID regarding life vests, emergency equipment and oxygen canisters enables it to plan more effectively and make better business decisions.
- Retail Digital Transformation Guide
RFID Journal's new white paper explains what digital transformation means for retailers and how to do it right.
- Technologies Needed for a True Digital Transformation
RFID is just one element—a foundational element—of any company's digital transformation efforts. Here are the different technologies required at each stage of change.
- What Does "Digital Transformation" Really Mean?
Like "Internet of Things," the term is often undefined, or is defined very differently by various so-called experts. Here's what digital transformation is all about.
- How Will U.S. Companies Spend Their Tax Cut?
The tax rate for businesses has been cut to 21 percent, from 39.1 percent, giving profitable firms a nice windfall; smart companies will invest in technologies such as RFID.
- Some Defense and Aerospace Companies Are Becoming Serious About RFID
The level of engagement at last week's RFID in Aerospace and Defense event was high, which is a good sign.
- Delta's $2 Million Gift to the Auburn RFID Lab
Some companies want to implement RFID on the cheap, while others, such as Delta Air Lines, realize how powerful the technology is and want to get it right.
- What You Can Learn From the NFL
Tracking players and footballs might seem irrelevant to business, but there are things companies can learn from using RFID in this way.
- Is RFID Essential in Manufacturing?
One day, all large manufacturers will use the technology to cut costs and streamline their operations.
- A Conversation With Macy's Bill Connell
The company's senior VP of logistics and operations shared insights into RFID's value for replenishment, omnichannel fulfillment and other retail applications.
- Identifying RFID Project Leaders
Advocates for the technology come from many different areas within a company and hold a wide variety of titles.
- RFID Is Now a Corporate Priority
Delta Air Lines and Macy's are among the companies making RFID a strategic imperative. What do they know that other firms don't?
- The Platform Tech Companies Can't See
Amazon, Google, IBM and Microsoft are focused on artificial intelligence, but are missing out on the importance of RFID.
- Awards Finalists Highlight the Maturation of RFID
The scope and complexity of many deployments show that RFID can play a role in mission-critical applications.