- RFID Powers WIP and Tool Management for Composites Manufacturer
U.K.-based Atlas Composite Technologies has deployed a single solution to manage the production of its products from raw composite materials through freezing, thawing and autoclaving, while the same technology ensures the tools needed for these processes are available and in good working order.
- Hospital Builds Intelligence One RTLS Step at a Time
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland has deployed a real-time location system that tracks the locations of staff members, patients and assets, while wayfinding will be the latest option to help visitors and patients locate their desired destination.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2019 Report, Part 1
RFID Journal recently held its 17th annual conference and exhibition. View the presentations from the event's keynotes, general sessions and preconference workshops.
- Door Factory Gains Logistical Efficiency
A company in Santa Catarina has halved its container-loading times, while efficiently controlling its inventory of more than 600,000 units.
- IoT Monitors Human Behavior in Carbon-Neutral Building
Researchers and management at Canada's Evolv1 building are using Internet of Things technology from eleven-x to track and analyze data regarding the impacts sustainable features might have on comfort and productivity, as well as the behaviors of tenants occupying the new structure.
- BLE Provides RTLS for Tracking Production at Auto Ceramics Company
NGK Automotive Ceramics has reduced the amount of labor required to search for palletized products as they move through a partially automated system, using Quuppa technology and Thinkinside management software.
- RFID Provides On-the-Job Training, Accountability at South African Mines
Aury Africa, a mining equipment and services provider, has deployed an RFID-based solution from Thembekile at three of its customer sites to date, providing an automated way for its personnel to access and input data about the work they do, as well as creating an automated record.
- RFID Cuts Worker Alert Response Time in Half
Gilbane Building Co. has reduced the amount of time it takes to respond to a worker's help call by about 91 percent, using an RFID solution from Triax to automatically detect a potential injury and issue an alert with that individual's location to the medics onsite.
- RFID Cuts Queue Waits, Boosts Truck Turnaround Times at Indian Plants
Ashok Leyland has deployed a UHF system from Vicinity RFID to automate the arrivals and departures of trucks delivering and picking up materials at three plants, and has thereby cut average turnaround times by more than two hours.
- Mining Company Tracks Ore Extraction via RFID
Codelco's RFID system, from MiningTAG, brings visibility into the amount and quality of ore being extracted at the world's largest underground mine, to ensure the safety of the tunnels and manage the kind of ore being extracted for customers.
- Italian Quartz Mine Ensures Worker Safety via BLE
The solution, from BluEpyc, tracks the movements of beacon-carrying workers onto and off of the quarry site, to ensure they never enter the vicinity of scheduled explosions or remain at the site after hours.
- Cashew Company Improves Deliveries, Supply Chain
Thanks to Ceará Votu's UHF RFID solution, Cione has streamlined processes, monitored its supply chain and ensured 100 percent accuracy in its deliveries.
- Nebraska Hospital Boosts Efficiency, Patient Care With RFID
Cardinal Health's Inventory Management Solutions, installed at Nebraska Medicine, track the storage and use of high-value supplies for surgical procedures, thereby reducing out-of-stocks and expirations, while also automating patient billing.
- Resorts World Genting Malaysia Tracks 100,000 Uniforms With RFID-Based System
The resort has reduced labor costs and loss by automating its uniform-management system—reading RFID tags on garments as they are turned into the laundry facility, then are sorted and returned to employees.
- Speedy Services Manages Vibration, Conference Attendance, Equipment Rental via RFID
The company has spent more than a decade building RFID solutions that enable automatic onsite equipment rental for customers, as well as tracking the amount of hand vibration to which construction workers are exposed and providing personalized information to delegates at its annual exposition.