- RFID, Bluetooth Keys for Telecom
Machines communicating via RFID and Bluetooth connections could help save the telecom sector, says Forrester.
- Scanpak Completes Aviva Takeover
Scanpak will be able to integrate RFID data with legacy applications and push the information to desktops and mobile devices.
- Savi, Qualcomm Join Forces
Savi Technology is teaming up with Qualcomm, a leader in mobile communications, to offer global supply chain tracking.
- Vendors to Offer Global Tracking
WhereNet Corp. and SkyBitz are joining forces to offer a system for tracking cargo containers in transit.
- Gilbarco: RFID Pumps up Profits
Gilbarco, a leader in gas station point of sales equipment, wants to extend RFID payments at the pump to car washes.
- Smart Cards Maker Gets E10 million
France's Inside Contactless plans to use the venture capital to develop new chips and expand in the U.S. and Asia.
- Auto-ID Center Adds RFID Vendors
Intermec Technologies and STMicroelectronics join the list of vendors backing the center's efforts to create a global RFID standard.
- How SAP Sees RFID and Agents
Software agents will react automatically to information coming from RFID readers and solve routine problems.
- Savi Links with Logistics Provider
Savi Technology has formed a strategic partnership with SembCorp Logistics, one of Asia?s largest logistics providers.
- SAP's Supply Chain of Tomorrow
Replenishment application uses intelligent agents to react to potential out of stocks before they occur.
- US Calls E-Seals Test A Success
U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta this week hailed an ongoing test of electronic seals as a success.
- OMI Automates Yard Management
New yard management software takes advantage of RFID to eliminate gate entry personnel and speed up deliveries.
- SAP To Demo RFID Replenishment
At its Sapphire user conference this week, the software company will show how systems can react automatically to RFID data.
- RFID Journal Holds Official Launch
The world's first online daily Web site devoted solely to RFID and its business applications launched today as a subscription service.
- Hach Lange Incorporates RFID in Water Testers
By Claire Swedberg
The company is attaching RFID tags to the packaging of its chemical vial kits and adding readers to its spectrophotometers to automatically update the calibration of the instruments, ensuring accurate test results.