- Applied Digital Buys IT Integrator
Applied Digital Solutions, the company that developed an implantable RFID chip is purchasing an IT systems integrator.
- New Low-cost Temperature Sensor
KSW-Microtec of Germany has introduced a new RFID temperature sensor to safeguard meat, produce and other products.
- Ports to Adopt RFID Security System
RFID tracking technology is designed prevent terrorists from sneaking weapons of mass destruction into cargo containers.
- Zebra Travels the Migration Path
The leading maker of bar code printers has joined the Auto-ID Center's efforts to create a low-cost RFID tracking system.
- Identix, Visionics Complete Merger
Two of the leading equipment vendors have combined to form the largest biometrics company in the United States.
- Auto-ID Center Opens Demo Lab
The center today opened a robotic demonstration lab at its facility in Cambridge, England, to show off RFID's manufacturing capabilities.
- Expro To Use RFID In Oil Wells
UK oil services company has signed a deal with In-Depth Systems to provide RFID technology that can trigger equipment inside oil wells.
- OATSystems Bets on Low-Cost RFID
The startup has developed some of the software the Auto-ID Center needed to make its low-cost RFID network operate efficiently.
- Syscan Unveils Tags for Metal Objects
The new 'Metal-Mate' line consists of both read-only and read-write transponders for auto manufacturing and other markets.
- Auto-ID Center Adds Five Sponsors
CVS Corp., Metro AG, Sara Lee Corp., Toppan Printing, and Zebra Technologies back the electronic product code effort.
- Group Studies Supply Chain Technology
Retailers, manufacturers and transportation companies will examine how new technologies work together in the supply chain.
- TSI Wins Prisoner Tracking Contract
An undisclosed prison in the Midwest will pay $3 million for an inmate tracking system that uses active RFID technology.
- Stealing Cars Will Get Tougher
Texas Instruments' new vehicle immobilizers will make it more difficult for owners to conspire to cheat insurance companies.
- Alien Demos Sub-10-cent RFID Tag
Alien Technology recently demonstrated the world's first low-cost RFID tag based on the Auto-ID Center's specification.
- Security for Wireless Java
NTRU, a startup that offers security software, has released of Java version of its NTRU encryption algorithm.