- Alien Ponders Second RFID Plant
Alien Technology, a startup making low-cost RFID tags, is considering building a second production facility in North Dakota.
- New Remote RFID Labeling System
Manhattan Associates and Zebra Technologies have teamed up to enable companies to print RFID labels over the Internet.
- New Ink for Printed RFID Antennas
A startup says it has developed highly conductive inks that can be printed on paper at high speeds.
- RFID Benefits Span Supply Chain
New business cases published by the Auto-ID Center suggest that RFID will have widespread benefits.
- Flint Bets on Printed RFID Antennas
Flint Ink is investing several million dollars in a new facility that will develop inks for smart packaging.
- Checkpoint Bridges EAS-RFID Gap
New line of EAS products can be upgraded to handle radio frequency identification tags.
- Toppan to Produce $20 RFID Reader
The Japanese printing company says it will have an ultra-low-cost EPC reader on the market by June.
- Michelin Embeds RFID Tags in Tires
The tire maker has begun testing a UHF transponder that it adapted for use inside rubber sidewalls.
- Manhattan Associates Gets RFID
The Atlanta software company will enhance its supply chain execution product to accept RFID data.
- Matrics Touts Smallest RFID Chip
The company's next-generation UHF integrated circuit will be half the size of a grain of sand.
- The Prospects for 2003
Many companies will begin RFID pilots in 2003, says AMR's Peter Abell, but getting tags could be a problem.
- Vendors Team to Optimize DCs
WhereNet and Elogex want to help companies to get the right truck to the right dock door at the right time.
- RFID for Reverse Logistics
A startup plans to use RFID to turn the problem of returns into an opportunity to generate new revenue.
- Smart Sensors Use on the Rise
Manufacturers are designing low-cost smart sensors into everything from washing machines to cars.
- Lockheed to Use RFID on Shop Floor
The company has awarded a $5.15 million contract to Epic Data to install a shop floor data collection system using RFID.