- Savi Announces E-Seal Licensees; Axcess Reveals Development Plans
Six companies have licensed the IP behind the ISO 18185 air-interface standard. Axcess will use its Enterprise Dot platform to develop an e-seal tag.
- RFID Research Center to Demonstrate EPC Technologies and Applications at EPC Connection 2007
EPCglobal North America and RFID Journal announced today that the University of Arkansas' RFID Research Center will conduct live demonstrations of EPC technology at the fourth annual EPC Connection conference and exhibition.
- RFID to Track Rare Cheese in Spain
The University of Dortmund is testing RFID's ability to authenticate and track cave-ripened blue cheese as it moves from production to stores.
- University of Maryland Offers Free RFID Assessments
The University of Maryland has announced an initiative to offer free RFID assessments to manufacturing companies in the state that are considering deployment. The idea is to spur the adoption of RFID among Maryland companies by working with them to understand how the technology can yield better productivity.
- Acsis, SupplyScape Team for E-Pedigrees
Companies can use the combined solution to manage readers on a production line and seamlessly transmit data to e-pedigree documents.
- DHS Grants Alien Subsidiary SAFETY Act Liability Coverage
Alien-owned Quatrotec, a provider of RFID-enabled baggage and cargo-handling systems, is now protected by legislation designed to help foster the development of anti-terrorism technology.
- RFID Vendors to Demonstrate Benefits of Item-level Apparel Tagging
Avery Dennison, Motorola and Vue Technology will run a live "Dock to Stock" demonstration at the RFID Journal—AAFA Apparel & Footwear Summit, illustrating how RFID can deliver benefits throughout the supply chain.
- Microsoft COO Kevin Turner to Deliver Keynote Address at EPC Connection
EPCglobal North America and RFID Journal announced today that Turner will speak at the conference and exhibition, to be held in Chicago on Oct. 2-4.
- Annin Puts ROI on Hold
Although its RFID system can do more than merely satisfy Wal-Mart's requirements, the flag maker says wider use will have to wait. In the meantime, the company has learned some valuable lessons.
- Retailers Reveal How RFID Can Boost Sales and Improve Customer Experience
British designer Nick Tentis and Neco Can, co-owner of the Industry Standard boutique, will present new case studies at the RFID Journal—AAFA Apparel & Footwear Summit.
- Textile Manufacturer Gets Quick 30% ROI from RFID
RFID products and services provider Alien Technology announced today the successful deployment of a work-in-process RFID application for Griva, a textile manufacturer in Italy. In just over nine months since the deployment went live, Griva has reported a 30% return on investment.
- Italian Textile Firms Rolls Over to RFID
Griva applies an EPC RFID tag to each roll of fabric it processes, resulting in lower labor costs, increased production and a rapid ROI.
- Emprevi Launches Service for Securing, Tracking Cargo
Using Savi active RFID seals and interrogators, the Colombian logistics provider expects to reduce security costs by $350 per container and cut shipment time by two days.
- SPAR Uses RFID to Track Promotional Displays
The supplier of merchandising services to product manufacturers and retailers is involved in several pilots employing active tags to provide real-time status reports and alerts.
- RFID Vendors Collaborate on Open-Source LLRP Project
By offering an open-source low-level reader protocol toolkit to RFID interrogator manufacturers and software developers, the group expects to help lower the cost of RFID implementations.