- Powercast Aims RF-based Charging Kit at Consumer Goods
The company is selling an evaluation kit to manufacturers of mobile phones, gaming remotes and other wireless devices to test technology that enables the charging of those devices without wires.
- RFID News Roundup
CISC announces new testing features for RAIN RFID, EPC Gen2V2 tags, readers ••• Skyworks releases multi-standard IoT front-end module ••• SALTO Systems to introduce BLE-enabled reader ••• Ayla Networks adds IoT platform enhancements for manufacturers ••• Fujitsu intros sensor-based IoT system-development platform ••• Telit offers BLE module with integrated MEMS motion and environmental sensors.
- RFID Journal to Hold 13th Annual LIVE! Europe Conference in London
The one-day event, being held on Nov. 16, will include a conference track focused on the retail and apparel sectors, with RFID certification training on Nov. 15.
- Auto Manufacturer Deploys Cyborg RFID-Reading Car, RFID Gates
The technology that Honda Manufacturing uses at its Indiana plant enables the company to track each assembled vehicle, thereby reducing labor and storage costs.
- Active RFID Tracks Kit Carts Through Assembly
The system links each loaded cart as the kit is assembled, then is staged for shipping, shipped to the assembly plant and received, thereby reducing the amount of time workers previously spent searching for missing carts required for assembly.
- RFID Journal Announces Winners of Its 11th Annual RFID Journal Awards
Lululemon Athletica, Honda and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center are among the winners for 2017, and were announced at RFID Journal's 15th annual RFID Journal LIVE! conference, held in Phoenix, Ariz.
- ShelfAware RFID System Brings Visibility to Industrial Components
O-ring's newly patented system allows the supplier and its customers to track which components are onsite at any given time, via an RFID tag on each part, as well as readers at the storage area to identify when parts arrive at and leave the area.
- Company Boosts Sensitivity and Shortens Length of Its RFID Yarn
Primo1D's E-Thread is being tested by industrial and textile companies to track parts and products that do not lend themselves well to an affixed RFID tag.
- HID Global Offers BLE Solution for People-Locating
The system enables companies to better manage their workforce, contractors or visitors via a beacon receiver and a Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled ID badge, with a cloud-based server tracking the locations of individuals and providing alerts and analytics to company management.
- IoT Sensor Solution Identifies Equipment Failures Before They Happen
Equipment manufacturers and users have begun utilizing a wireless system from ServiceMax that employs RFID and other technology to capture sensor data about a piece of equipment, and to identify problems as soon as a change in performance is detected.
- Leaders Representing Retail and Apparel Industries to Discuss RFID's Benefits at LIVE! 2017
RFID Journal's 15th annual event will feature a retail and apparel conference track, a general-session panel and a special retail workshop.
- Factory Reduces Order-Fulfillment Time by 20 Percent
Leal, which produces and markets personal protective equipment, has adopted an RFID solution from PC Sistemas, along with Totvs' enterprise resource planning system.
- RFID Will Deliver Drink Orders On the Go
Technology startup Shotput's system will enable consumer app-based orders of beverages or other products, from a mobile unit equipped with radio frequency identification, in order to provide automated dispensing and restocks.
- LIVE! 2017 to Feature Exhibitors from a Record 25 Countries
RFID Journal's upcoming event has attracted the top RFID companies from around the world.
- Universal Tire Label Boasts Reliable Reads on Nearly Any Tire
Ferm RFID Solutions' universal tire tread label is designed to adhere to a tire's tread and track its movement through the supply chain, even when tires are stacked on metal racks.