- Proposed GS1 Specification Would Link Bar-Code, QR-Code, NFC and RFID Data
The organization's working group is planning a summer release of its new spec, while EVRYTHNG, a software company co-chairing the group, is selling its own platform to manage data about a product in a single location, whether accessed via NFC, RFID or bar-code technology.
- Sales Are Up and Overstocking Is Down, Study Reports, Due to RFID Use in Stores
A University of Leicester study involving 10 participating retailers, sponsored by GS1 UK and the ECR Community Shrinkage and On-shelf Availability Group, found that all companies realized a return on investment, with sales boosted by between 1.5 and 5.5 percent.
- General Motors, Boeing to Keynote at RFID Journal LIVE! 2018
RFID Journal's 16th annual event, being held in Orlando on Apr. 10-12, will feature an impressive lineup of new case studies exploring how to use RFID to create business value.
- Fleet-Management Company Uses IoT Network Across Borders
DRVR's solution for tracking vehicles throughout Southeast Asia leverages Tata Communications' MOVE-IOT Connect SIM technology to provide seamless data access, no matter which cellular network is being used.
- Paper Company Brings Intelligence to Packaging
Several consumer-brand businesses are testing RFID and NFC versions of Stora Enso's Intelligent Packaging solution that includes RFID-enabled packages and readers, as well as software and apps to manage read data.
- Global Printer Manufacturer Adopts RFID for Color Laser Printing
Manufacturers and logistics companies are using Lexmark's CS725R and CX725R printers to print and encode color labels with built-in UHF RFID functionality.
- Totvs Presents RFID and IoT Solutions at New Showroom
At its new headquarters, the Brazilian firm presents radio frequency identification and Internet of Things systems for companies of any size.
- Auburn RFID Lab Expands to Avionics With Delta Gift
Delta Air Lines' Aviation Sensor ID Bay will be dedicated to researching and development related to RFID technology use for tracking flyable parts, baggage and tools for airlines, aircraft companies and original equipment manufacturers, as well as for the RFID companies that serve them.
- Universal Tag and Printer Combo Aimed at On-demand Encoding at Industrial Sites
Metalcraft, SATO say their combination of a universal tag and a cloneable printer can make encoding and tagging metal or other material items seamless at factories, warehouses or industrial sites.
- Companies Testing On-Metal Tag With 20-Meter Read Range
Xerafy's Container Trak tag is being tested by several companies to identify the locations and movements of metal containers or trailers in such areas as outdoor storage yards and distribution centers.
- Solution Provider Builds RFID into Its Platform for Asset, Work-in-Progress Management
While Radley Corp. has been testing and evaluating RFID technology for years, it is now releasing UHF-based solutions for its customers to automate the collection of data regarding inventory and assets at assembly sites, warehouses and logistics centers.
- Nordic Reader Series Promises Intelligence in Handheld and Fixed Devices
The EXA brings mobility in a smaller form factor, while the Sampo and AR readers feature fixed reads for gates, as well as for point-of-sale, area and shelf tag reads—in some cases, at twice the speed of previous models.
- Windshield and Mirror Company Gains Evacuation Visibility With RFID
Ficomirrors is using an RFID-based evacuation system from Smart Technology Group at its Polish facility to better manage the locations of its workers in the event of an emergency.
- RFID Helps to Identify and Protect Motorcycles
Datatag's MASTER Security Scheme identification system is being used to protect mid-sized motorcycles from theft in the United Kingdom, while city police departments are considering use of the technology for smaller road bikes.
- NFC Forum Incorporates Tags into Its Certification Program
The release of Apple's NFC-enabled iOS 11 platform is helping to drive the growth of NFC deployments that are making an NFC tag certification program important, the association says.