- Textile Label Launch Includes Dual NFC-UHF Functionality, Printing Machines
TexTrace has released woven RFID textile labels that remain with a garment, while Jakob Müller is selling machines that service bureaus and label companies can use to make their own sewn-in RFID labels under TexTrace's license.
- RFID Technology Companies Team for Product Development
Global RF and satellite product manufacturer MTI is teaming with California startup SensThys to provide RFID solutions using products built at MTI's facilities with hardware from both companies.
- MIT Media Labs Creates Highly Precise UHF RFID for Robotics
The TurboTrack system employs a standard tag and interrogator, as well as a "helper" antenna device that pulses short signals to pinpoint the locations of even fast-moving tags at the sub-centimeter level.
- Aurora Plastics to Present at RFID Journal LIVE! 2019
The manufacturer will present a case study revealing how it is preventing errors using RFID technology.
- Electronic Components Firm Releases NFC-enabled Wireless Charging System for Cars
ROHM's Qi-based wireless charging solution for car manufacturers will come with NFC reader technology from STMicroelectronics, to identify and protect NFC cards or other devices from destructive charging transmissions, while allowing pairing or security functionality with NFC-enabled phones.
- Plug-and-Play Hub and Sensors Bring Low-Cost IoT to Industrial Settings
Utility companies and manufacturers are deploying a Narrowband Internet of Things solution from Belgian startup VersaSense to track conditions via a wireless hub that automatically begins the flow of sensor data once the sensors are attached.
- Four Naval Shipyards Deploying Forklift-Based RFID System
The National Center for Manufacturing Sciences is preparing to deploy UHF RFID readers from Venture Research at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard this spring, followed by three more piers, to manage container location and movement.
- Zebra Introduces Two New Handheld RFID Readers
The company's MC3330R and MC3390R mobile computers are loaded with features and are designed to cover most common business applications.
- Daimler, BAE Systems to Keynote at RFID Journal LIVE! 2019
The two industrial firms will present in-depth case studies at RFID Journal's 17th annual event, to be held in Phoenix, Ariz., on Apr. 2-4.
- Ceitec Receives Maximum Certification in Governance Indicator
The Level 1 certification is the highest granted by Brazil's Ministry of Planning, Development and Management, from which the company obtained a grade of 9.46.
- RFID News Roundup
JADAK integrates RFID communication interface into its products ••• Frost & Sullivan names Smartrac RFID Global Solutions Company of the Year ••• Harting Technology Group unveils IIoT and automation technologies ••• Infineon intros IoT cloud localization services and security solutions ••• ABI Research reports auto makers leading smart manufacturing advances ••• Startup Robolab raises funding to develop RFID-capable AI robot bartender ••• Rigado gateway uses Amazon Web Services IoT features, Bluetooth sensors.
- Rafik Jeans Tests RFID to Track 50,000 Items
The Brazilian company controls the production of goods in São Paulo and Minas Gerais, as well as sales in 19 other cities, including Bahia and Goiás.
- IoT Network Puts Defibrillator Management in Hands of Suppliers
With CardiLink's Medtech AED device-monitoring system, using Asavie IoT Connect, makers and suppliers of life-saving equipment can help customers manage the location and condition of each item automatically.
- Stora Enso Launches Sustainable RFID Solution
The renewable materials company has introduced its ECO RFID sustainable tag technology, along with software and services, to create a complete solution for retailers and industrial manufacturers.
- Plastics Company Prevents Errors With RFID
Aurora Plastics has adopted a system from Quest Integrated Solutions, using Janam hardware, that not only helps prevent costly mistakes in the process of off-loading plastic resin, but also improves rail-yard management.