- FCC Aggressively Cracking Down on RF Equipment Rule Violators
While the specific case involves U-NII devices, the precedent applies to RFID equipment suppliers as well.
- Known Security Vulnerabilities Are a Hacker's Guide to an IoT Breach
The Internet of Things is a powerful trend, but its growth could be hindered by unpatched open-source vulnerabilities.
- IoT in the Supply Chain: Anticipating the Demands of the Future
How are RFID and the Internet of Things bringing the supply chain concept into the future?
- Fortify the IoT With Cybersecurity and R&D Tax Credits
As manufacturers adapt Internet of Things strategies to their business models, they should weigh these two often-overlooked elements.
- Beyond the Seams: Advanced Technology and Fashion
Additive manufacturing and the Internet of Things are changing the manufacturing and IT sectors and can hugely impact the evolution of fashion and style.
- Appealing to the Connected Home Buyer
In the Internet of Things, the world of connected products presents enormous opportunity for manufacturers to transform their businesses and their industries.
- RFID Device Suppliers: Beware the FCC's New Authorization, Marketing and Importation Rules
The Federal Communications Commission has voted to approve new rules impacting how RF equipment, manufacturers, vendors, importers and distributors may conduct business.
- FCC Threatens 'Lifetime Ban' on Non-Compliant RF Equipment Suppliers
RFID sellers should adopt best practices to mitigate risk.
- Taking the LEAP
Information technology is critical to the future of manufacturing. The EU LinkedDesign project aims to help manufacturers harness and use information.
- Embedding RFID Tags Into Wearables
RFID technology represents an easy and efficient method for authenticating wearable devices, and for storing important information about those products.
- An Industry With 'High' Growth Potential
There are many ways in which RFID hardware and software could effectively help the marijuana industry monitor the production, shipment and sale of pot.
- New FCC Rules Could Threaten RFID, IoT Development
The agency's new equipment-authorization rules impact where manufacturers can cost-effectively conduct R&D for devices certified for sale in the United States.
- Volkswagen AG Forges Ahead With Transparent Prototype
In accordance with German automotive Industry 4.0 initiatives, the company currently receives RFID-tagged prototype parts from more than 150 suppliers for its Volkswagen, Porsche and Audi brands.
- The Growing Use of RTLS by Manufacturers
Manufacturing companies are looking to real-time location systems to improve their operational efficiency and lower operational costs by tracking equipment, goods, materials, work orders, safety, assembly lines, distribution and other growing applications.
- Use Your EPC to Indicate Country of Origin
By employing a simple coding scheme, you can quickly identify where items in your supply chain were manufactured, and ensure that your customs declarations are accurate.